My Backyard Sanctuary

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
IMG_5828.JPG
@Jimmy Gibson You must love coming home from work to that back yard. So nice! I can tell you have put a lot of work into it.
It's a lot of work but Sarah and I enjoy it and every afternoon when we get home we sit by the pond and feed the fish. Looks better than it did in January

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Sure does look better than it did in January, and your video helps to put everything into perspective in relationship to each other. We love to work outside too. Since I am retired from a 9-5 job, I try to get outside a do some work every afternoon...mostly in the backyard where we have our flower and veggie gardens, our greenhouse and chicken coop/run, and especially our pond. Any time we can, we sit on our deck overlooking the yard and just enjoy it. Like you, we love our backyard sanctuary.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Never understood when people say green is boring in a garden or landscaping .There are so many greens .Great job on green .I did spray paint my furniture bright colors .I took that from Colleen .Love the veggie box's

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Wow, just beautiful ! Your pond is gorgeous, your hard work really paid off! I love your raised vegetable gardens too ! I wish we had more sun to grow tomatoes.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Wow, just beautiful ! Your pond is gorgeous, your hard work really paid off! I love your raised vegetable gardens too ! I wish we had more sun to grow tomatoes.
Tula..... My Mother-in-law lived with us for six years before she passed away.... And she called my garden a "Salad Garden" and she was right we basically grow what we like to eat.... We save some to the freezer, but mostly give away to friends..... Especially the tomatoes and peppers

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
This Ponding thing is a new experience, and Sarah and I are enjoying everything about it. We went from checking the water quality every day and frequent water changes to..... I checked it today after two weeks and it is the same still good. We went from every time we came up to the pond our fish would run off to hide in a corner, to now when they see us they all come up to the side next to us (even the babies) no fear at all just waiting to be fed..... Only maintenance is backwash the filter and top off the water once a week, trim the lilies back throw away a lot of water cabbage (darn stuff will take over a pond) clear clean water happy/healthy fish..... Enjoying our pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I feel so happy for you and Sarah when I read the above post. Ponding can bring us so much joy. Tonight I looked out at mine and thought how pretty it is....my just reward for looking at an ugly solar cover over it last winter !

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
During my struggles with water quality I did alot of research on this forum and others, and I don't think with seven large Koi in 3000 gallons there is such a thing as zero ammonia, since my bio filters kicked in the best with my API test I can get is yellow with a slight tinge of green, nowhere near. 25 ppm, but ammonia just the same. Plants are keeping my nitrates and nitrites in check, but personally I think zero ammonia is a fantasy although some people claim it

Ask a Question