My first proper pond

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Build pond around tree. Tree Needn’t be in your way!!!!
SEEEE????? SEEEE FishGUY????? THIS is what we're looking fer in the OTG! Outside the inside of the box thinking! Brilliant! And since it is succcccchhhhhhhhh a good idea, we'll be expectin' updates now on YOUR LPS and all that that entails...tree, smree; get out that chainsaw, whippersnapper!

The TurtleMan here should get an extra helping of j.w's special soupgruel this week, methinks!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
So does anyone know of any pond fish besides goldfish that could tolerate the temps where I live? (lowest I’ve seen it go is high 20s)
You can make a tipì(teepee) with a plastic sheet, i done like that for my small off ground pond(ill make you a pic this weekend) and gone well, some days i got ice on surface, but the bottom always free water and goldfishes are ok now, just waiting to go into bigger pond.

For fish question: rice fishes or medaka, you can find colorful strains too.
If you don't matter about color can try find out some native fishes too, but for my goldfishes and medakas ;)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
Italy
You can make a tipì(teepee) with a plastic sheet, i done like that for my small off ground pond(ill make you a pic this weekend) and gone well, some days i got ice on surface, but the bottom always free water and goldfishes are ok now, just waiting to go into bigger pond.

For fish question: rice fishes or medaka, you can find colorful strains too.
If you don't matter about color can try find out some native fishes too, but for my goldfishes and medakas ;)
20220220_160648.jpg

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
View attachment 147944
Made a custom water fall I am going to cover it in rocks
Looks good! Make sure you have a surface for the water to spill out if so it doesent just trickle down the sides ( if it will be contained in the pond this is not a big deal though )

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States

Ask a Question