My first proper pond

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
love that stuff when it sees too much sun it gets a sun burn and reds out you wind up with green yellow red and every shade in between. And the koi get a variance to there diet. That will be all over the stream and upper pond but it rarely survives anywhere in the pond.

UkiahTheTurtle

Tiny Little goldfish pond
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
love that stuff when it sees too much sun it gets a sun burn and reds out you wind up with green yellow red and every shade in between. And the koi get a variance to there diet. That will be all over the stream and upper pond but it rarely survives anywhere in the pond.
Hope my goldies don’t eat it all once I get them!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Hope my goldies don’t eat it all once I get them!
They love the stuff and I had to make a floating ring to keep mine in as they would not leave it alone. Then they started jumping over the ring and no more Azolla eventually. I should have used a bigger tubing that they could not get over. Had some Duckweed in there w/it and they gobble that stuff up too. Wish I would have saved some Azolla and kept it in a small pond of it's own w/o fish.

IMG_5796.JPG

Ask a Question