My Koi Addiction....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Here are another couple of videos... I'm down to feeding a fairly small amount once a day. The first video is from today's feeding:

The second video is much later in the day and the fish are still swarming in the feeding spot looking for anything that might still be edible. About halfway through the video you'll see one of the smaller fish get stuck upside down for a few moments while trying to dig its nose into a fold in the liner looking for any snacks that might have gotten caught in there.

NOTE: These were both video captures from my KoiKam surveillance camera that I've hung from the rafters of the winter cover. Sorry about the glare.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I hope you can catch the other one, to winter inside, as I'm not sure I'd risk a Petsmart koi,with your new purchase.

It's really nice you have that koi cam set up !

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Steve. That one Sanke is huge. The one with the red band around it's head with the black dot and white mid section. How large is that fish? I saw a bunch of your videos on you tube. Very nice!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Steve. That one Sanke is huge. The one with the red band around it's head with the black dot and white mid section. How large is that fish? I saw a bunch of your videos on you tube. Very nice!

The redhead is about 29 inches long. If she makes it to 30 inches next year I'll be thrilled. She definitely eats a lot--one of my few fish that will come to the surface and just slurp away without splashing around.

My addiction is not getting any better. I basically take a video every damn time I feed the fish.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Well this is a first for me!!! My fish are finally willing to eat out of my hand. Even a month ago they wouldn't even eat if I was sitting on the edge of the pond. I think the difference was the winter cover. I have been consistently pulling back the winter cover in the same spot to feed them every day and now they converge on that spot as soon as they hear the rustle of plastic.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Anyone one know where I can find a decent "Aka Hajiro Butterfly koi" or "Ogata Beni Hajiro" for sale?

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I special ordered 2 pure black koi from a local importer. Ended up with one bronze and a Hajiro. The red with the white tips would be awesome, ours is hard to spot with just fins and tail visable.

Ask a Question