My Koi Addiction....

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I'd like to see it! I also would like to show you one of mine that looks a lot like your recent pic of Blueberry, mine also looks bluish some days more than others
This is the blue Ginrin I rescued this year. It is also a Doitsu. It seems that a lot of the blue koi are Doitsu.
20170608_115541-jpg.100774

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
This is the blue Ginrin I rescued this year. It is also a Doitsu. It seems that a lot of the blue koi are Doitsu.
20170608_115541-jpg.100774
Oh wow Blueberry's gorgeous!! I want that one!
Do you know what kind of Doitsu Blue he is? (Doitsu Blue Matsuba, Doitsu Blue Kujaku, Blue Shusui etc)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
They have a yamabuki look but these two little fish are called karashigoi and they are famous for getting HUUUGE. Up to 40 inches long!! It's not uncommon for these fish to grow to 24 inches long in a single year.

Karashigoi.png

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
They have a yamabuki look but these two little fish are called karashigoi and they are famous for getting HUUUGE. Up to 40 inches long!! It's not uncommon for these fish to grow to 24 inches long in a single year.

View attachment 106198
Never heard of a Karashigoi, from the video I would have guessed that was a Chagoi, thanks for teaching me something new

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Oh wow Blueberry's gorgeous!! I want that one!
Do you know what kind of Doitsu Blue he is? (Doitsu Blue Matsuba, Doitsu Blue Kujaku, Blue Shusui etc)
This is Wentworth Blue ( named after the nursery I rescued him from). Not sure what type he is, just fell in love with the blue and I have one pond that is entirely Ginrins.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
This is Wentworth Blue ( named after the nursery I rescued him from). Not sure what type he is, just fell in love with the blue and I have one pond that is entirely Ginrins.
I'm glad you cleared that cause I was gonna say it really looked nothing like the other pics
I can see why you fell in love with him, It is a beautiful fish!
I'm always in a rush when I'm on here, and can't follow all that I would like so do you have a thread or a link where I can read more about what you do(I read somewhere you sell fish) and see your ponds?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I thought my Squalo was the ruler of the pond, but I'm thinking young Yamabuki Ogon is the new drill sergeant :ROFLMAO:

20171105_104506.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I could just sit here all day, watching that beautiful fish swim! So, you purchased TWO of these jumbo koi??:eek:

They are only 6" long right now. This particular breed from this particular breeder is somewhat hard to get at a young age and the ones I got were randomly selected from a group of 50 without me (or anyone else) being allowed to hand pick which one you wanted so yes I got two so that I can see how they do and keep the better of the two after they start growing.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
And you bought two?? I see a bigger pond in the future.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I'm glad you cleared that cause I was gonna say it really looked nothing like the other pics
I can see why you fell in love with him, It is a beautiful fish!
I'm always in a rush when I'm on here, and can't follow all that I would like so do you have a thread or a link where I can read more about what you do(I read somewhere you sell fish) and see your ponds?
I don't have a showcase thread or anything similar as my ponds are wooden boxes and don't compare to the beautiful natural ponds that other members have. I have closed my koi business but still have to rehome about 2 dozen koi . That will leave me with 7 adults in one pond, 3 in the other, along with whoever I decide I can't part with! I need to get more photos and videos but things are so hectic and not getting any better with other things. Stay tuned!

Ask a Question