My Koi Addiction....

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I special ordered 2 pure black koi from a local importer. Ended up with one bronze and a Hajiro. The red with the white tips would be awesome, ours is hard to spot with just fins and tail visable.
I didn't even know the existence of the Aka Hajiro until I watched this video and saw that beautiful butterfly koi...I want it!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I didn't even know the existence of the Aka Hajiro until I watched this video and saw that beautiful butterfly koi...I want it!

I *LOVE* the concept but good grief that piano is so annoyingly out of tune I can't watch!!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I *LOVE* the concept but good grief that piano is so annoyingly out of tune I can't watch!!!
I was just showing the fish, I just mute videos if I don't like the sound :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I always have the sound off. Hate the over and over music on some of the stuff.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Steve. I almost got a chance to visit Kodama in Hawaii. We had really cheap frequent flier tickets booked to Hawaii and had the time to go to Ohau for a day, but our daughter decided it was too expensive to get her diving cert in Hawaii and we are going to Costa Rica instead. It would have been really fun to pick out a Koi but oh well. My wife was totally on board which was really cool. Also looked at among other things tickets to Japan and found round trip tickets for $640. We will have a nice time in Costa Rica but I doubt I will be buying any koi!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’m contimplating koi. Butterfly koi, preferably solid colored, like black, or metallic, or a deep red with white accents. I found a metallic pale gold standard koi at Walmart, almost got it, just cause it was such a pretty color, but I’m not set up for a koi yet. I guess I got lucky no one was in the pet dept!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol you dodged the bullet, buying and then rushing to get ready for that new one!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I was going to put it in the aquarium with my babies, but was worried it might eat them. And as it was 3-4”, much bigger than them, might overwhelm the bacteria started, so yeah.

Ask a Question