MY NEW FISH FLEW HERE -- NO WAY IT SWAM!

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I did something new. I ordered a fish (eBay). A Wakin. Ordered it at 1:30 yesterday afternoon. It was at my door by 10:30 this morning! WOW, wasn't expecting that kind of service! From PA to LA.

Beautiful, healthy looking, active. In my QT right now.

I bought this guy outright, but did put bids on a couple of Watonai. Wish me luck, as I'm usually not a risk-taker (the auctioning part). image.jpg

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
HTH said:
Now if it was a really nice KOI you might have to go with financing. :)

Cool to hear of the speedy delivery. How as it shipped ?
FEDEX, I think. Must have had a tailwind!

j.w said:
Cool looking fish TM! Do they wiggle swim or smooth swim?
Looks like it's not a wiggle-butt, if that's what you mean (?). Hard to tell so far, 'cause all I have for a QT at the moment is a 20 gal. aquarium tank. The fish is MUCH larger than what I'm used to buying -- a couple of fin-flips and he's across the tank (plan to get a larger QT, ASAP!)

studiovette

GS PETE
Reaction score
How long should one QT a fish? Any special procedures ? Do you only do this when your really not sure where the fish has been?
I just put 6 various goldfish in my pond. I had no fish prior to this. They all came from the same pond. I met the guy locally at a pond seminar. He needed to cut down on his count. But I just put them in to my pond 20 minutes after floating them.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
davepratt said:
wow he sure is a beauty can they survive outside in winter??
Yes, they are very hardy!

capewind said:
TM, he is really pretty but you paid a LOT. If you are interested in more, PM me.
Probably the last time. I do have a contact in the southern part of the state ;) -- going to attempt a meeting to get more, but thanks and I'll keep you in mind.

studiovette said:
How long should one QT a fish? Any special procedures ? Do you only do this when your really not sure where the fish has been?
I just put 6 various goldfish in my pond. I had no fish prior to this. They all came from the same pond. I met the guy locally at a pond seminar. He needed to cut down on his count. But I just put them in to my pond 20 minutes after floating them.
Lots of info re quarantining -- can search here (GPF) and/or GOOGLE. Two weeks minimum. When you add a new fish, no matter WHERE it came from, it can be carrying diseases that could infect your established animals. So, you are keeping it in "isolation" to be sure it's not sick or carrying something (more or less) before you add it to your pond. Some do, some don't. With first -time fish, you should be OK, as your pond is serving as the QT.

Ask a Question