sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I love how you come off the deck over that little bridge and it looked like a long dock from the front pic and really nice landscaping job.Do you two shrubs there get the needles on them .I have a small one in a pot and it almost died ,but is finally coming back ,but gosh even the leaves are spikey and prick you .

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello
Thank you

Sissy wrote:
I have a small one in a pot and it almost died ,but is finally coming back ,but gosh even the leaves are spikey and prick you .

You must be talking about the Segos.
Yes there tips are spikey so I keep them trimmed up that way less chance of running in to them.
But I have a few around and really like them and give a tropical feel to the yard.

All the Landscapping is done by me
As that is what I do for a leaving
Landscape Designing
I don't do ponds for a leaving that is for my fun only,

Ruben M.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Yeh could not think of the name and to lazy to go look at the tag on the pot .When I first got it the leaves were soft and as it got bigger those leaves got wicked sharp .

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello
a little update on the work on the pond.

Got the fish hide/ turttle landing built Will be putting a plant on top of it to give it a better feel Not sure what but some thing.
End result.JPG

The fish are back in there new home
a few pics they seem very happy. I thought with the moving and all they would be more skittish for a while but they moved in and are very confortable.
Fish1.JPGFish2.JPGFish3.JPG

Now for the waterfall/cascade
But might not have time untill the weekend
And still need to bet a whole lot more rock.

I have this plant has done well for but don't remember the name
I have always kept it right about top of the water Right not is is about a foot below water line
Is that ok or should I move it back up to the water line.
Plant name.JPG

Thanks all
Ruben

Reaction score
Beautiful sago palms! Can you leave them out all year? Very pretty fish!! I've been trying to learn to identify markings, after all I'll need Something to keep me busy during the winter months. Lol!
Do I see Kasane-sumi sanke, Kindai Showa, orinji and Aka bekko (although I don't believe there should be black markings on the head) love the way you did the table top too :)

Ruben Miranda

I am so confused
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
12a
Country
United States
Hello
I leave the Segos out all year as we don't get a deep frezze when we do it is only a couple of weeks and never do's it get much under 32 D
They are a tropical plant so if you get harsh winters then they would not live.
But if you had them in pots and where able to slide them under a patio cover and no water that would frezze around the roots they would be fine.

As for the type of koi I trully don't know.
Beleave it or not About 12 years ago I did my first pond it was a little thing don't know 200 G :) and I bought 4 baby koi.
They where so little at most 2" new to the koi world/pond world did not pay attention to what kind just picked the coolest and took them home and took care of them.
I did lose one but the origenal 3 I still have the rest that you see and I have are babies from the origenal 3.
So if someone told me they are this breed I would not be able to argue I just know they are awesome and bring me big joy,
They only come to me hehehehehe anyone else even the wife or kids they back off.
needless to say the wife gets a little peveed
sorry I am rambling now.

Ruben M.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Ramble away, we all do........very nice fish and your pond looks great.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I like all your fish but am partial to the white ones w/ all the oj and black on them. They stand out nicely in the dark pond water! I only have goldfish and a few Shubunkins and am looking to get more Shubbies w/ more white on them and colors of the blk and oj spots like your Koi have.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Beautiful fish and pond, love that center "table"! How did you build that? Is it on a straight down base, and what is the base made out of? VERY cool!
I agree with JW, I've always liked the tri colored koi and goldfish (Shubunkins).
I think the plant you are referring to that grows well, next to the water hyacinths, is a pickerel rush. Does it get a blue or purple spike of flowers in the summer time?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
CE if you read from the start of this thread you will see how he made his table.

Ask a Question