j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Everything looks grand as usual and you still manage all that work being sick and having other sad issues to deal with, working hard at your job and the problem sister too. You have a lot of ambition to say the least! Good thing you have a nice behaving hubby and dog babies to come home to :happy:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I'm sorry to hear you lost your father . I lost my Dad about 18 months ago and I think of his every day.

How do you secure the cattle panels the side?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I love that greenhouse and all the wonderful plants and cute deco. you have in there. It is good to have you return to this thread, I have recently finished the first 77 pages! I am sorry about your father's passing. Stay warm!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@Magzire looks like you are in USDA Plant zone 8a if you are in Kildare, Ireland. You have about the same avg cold temps as where I live.

2017-11-02 21_18_26-Interactive United Kingdom and Ireland Gardening Zones.png

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
How do you secure the cattle panels the side?

I bend them slowly and tighten the twine tied to each of the ends, and fasten them when I have the proper desired arch and width to cover pond. I also tied them down and lay heavy duty plastic to the side and staple to the wooden edges of my pond frame.
After winter I cut the twine and they should unbend and lay straight and then put them away behind garage.

I think I will do a video when I do the top pond so you get a better idea.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I have to take apart that external power filter before the deeper cold comes Sunday night.
Sunday forcaste to be -16 Celsius, or 3 Fahrenheit. It is risky to run external power filters in extreme cold as they could freeze inside and crack the canister. I run all my winter pumps and filters (EZ Bio Filters attached to pump) underwater, below the ice.
Currently -3 Celsius or 26 Fahrenheit.

I wish I lived in Zone 8....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Wouldn't that make a beautiful holiday card jw? Zone 8 here, and it is almost 80 today. I have to do hard labor in the yard and wish it was much cooler! It was 40 a couple nights ago. Colleen your snow looks pretty to me, wish we had some here once in awhile.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Happy to hear you and your mom are better but sorry to hear about your dad .Guessing your vegan sister came to grips with that pregnancy issue she was having .Hoping everything stays calm for you .Wish I could send you some of my beautiful sunny warm weather we are having here .I have been outside all morning because they are calling for rain later today

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Its minus 14 Celsius {7 Fahrenheit} right now this early morning. Just got back in the house after checking on the ponds.and greenhouse/ I will drag out the 1250 watt heater today and get that ready and shut down that external pressure filter when sun come up. So far no ice and the heavy snowfall that fell yesterday has further added to insulate the ponds.

Shot this video last night before bed....

Ask a Question