Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
20170806_172940_HDR.jpg
20170806_172927_HDR.jpg
20170806_165610_HDR.jpg
20170809_121706_HDR.jpg
Was so busy today. Got my mommy out of hospital and settled into her beautiful new retirement home. I'm spending all my mothers money on her cause she deserves it most. If I went the Governent sponsored route, she would still be in hospital till at least November. The waiting list to get old people placed in a home is very long. So I decided that private was best and I feel happy about it. My mommy is getting better every day and today She was full of life and very happy. She made it up to the bathroom all by herself and kept telling me Thank you dear, the room is so nice, and how much she loved Me.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Going to be wintering the whole pond system again, this will be like my 26th winter here in Canada. They stay outside all year round and everybody looks great. The four connecting ponds will continue to flow all year round.
Soon the pond nets will be needed to protect the ponds from the onslaught of non stop leaves falling.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
How has the canister filter you bought last summer, worked this year? Will you use the cattle panels to cover the pond this winter?

I'm going to cover mine with my pool solar cover again , as it kept the water open all winter.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
How has the canister filter you bought last summer, worked this year? Will you use the cattle panels to cover the pond this winter?

I'm going to cover mine with my pool solar cover again , as it kept the water open all winter.
Yes I will start getting cattle pannels in place and use them to hold leaf nets. up for now. Then I will put the plastic over top when weather turns cold.
That pond Max Pressure filter is so awesome!! So easy to clean, just hook hose up to garden and turn the handle on top and you should have seen how black the water was that came out. Was the easiest filter ever to clean!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
getting cattle pannels in place and use them to hold leaf nets.

F ME ..... I have 2 full sheets and some odds and ends when i built my dog pen left over completely forgot about them till now and this would work out a lot better then the old drape over and re adjust method i have been doing for 8 years.

May have to buy 1 more sheet and some cross supports but for about $50 in extras i see this as a better option then the pia it has been

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Hello Everybody! I am back and getting ready for winter. Just so you know, I have three cattle panel cold frames up over three of the four connecting Koi/goldfish ponds. This weekend is going to be cold and down to -17 Celsius so I will have to find that green 1250 watt pond heater and get that ready too.

Just a quick look inside and outside of cattle panels over ponds and a quick peek inside my nice warm cosy greenhouse, Greenhouse got new roof on the old side so it has more self space in the loft.

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
What's the temp in our greenhouse @callingcolleen1 ?
Great job on the covers for your pond. Is there a reason you didn't cover the top pond?

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I am in a much better frame of mind and mood these days. Most stress caused by my father passing and ongoing issues with vegan sibling seem to have relaxed for now. There for a while vegan sister was causing me much stress, but all is pretty good now and I had a wonderful morning with my sweet mom, we played Bingo at Meadowland and she won, then I won!! Met a new elderly lady from Regina, she is new to Meadowland retirement home, and she won that last game! So we all had a good morning and my mother is walking around better too. Last week she was sick with flu. then I got that flu, but we all good now.

Winter is almost here, snow is on the ground and extra cold temperatures this weekend expected. Follow me and my ponds as I enter my 27th year wintering the Koi and Goldfish outside in Canada!

Last edited:

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
What's the temp in our greenhouse @callingcolleen1 ?
Great job on the covers for your pond. Is there a reason you didn't cover the top pond?
I just have not got that top pond covered yet, and I am debating on covering that one. Last year I covered the two top connecting ponds, and that was a really big help. This year I have covered three of the four connecting ponds so that will be even better. I might cover the top pond too just to save a lot of money on electric bill.
Next week I will maybe get that top pond cover.

Inside the greenhouse is really warm ,about 20 degrees or so. I have a fan heater on low and I have skirted the outside edge of greenhouse with insulation so that will really help too.

Ask a Question