sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I feel the same way the cheaper you go the less you have to loose .I can say my most expensive parts were my liner and pump .Some of my retaining wall block are from craigslist or the local paper .Chemicals are an easy fix that don't really work .My pond is 4 ft deep and glad I went that deep .But hard to get liner in and be able to get out by yourself

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Dave my bottom pond the surface is pretty big and so it handles lots of the overflow, but a little does still overflow out the bottom to the overflow area by this big tree and that is ok, nothing hurt, once the pumps get going again the bottom pond looks a little low but then I top up the pond and all is well,

I like my system, the top pond has no pumps as the water flows downstream. I do have pumps and big filters in the middle pond that carry the water to the top ponds, and the big underwater filters catch a lot of stuff that comes out of the top pond. The tops ponds are the nicest to view as the bottoms have next to no pond muck as the muck is all swept down to the end of the middle pond where the big yellow flag is, and the big yellow flag licks the pond bottom clean there as it floats and has no soil or pot, just a big floating root ball that sucks up all the excess waste. The water must be the freshest there as the dogs always drink the water from the middle pond, right next to the huge yellow flag,

I am going to add another deeper pond just a little bit bigger than the top pond, and that will be my new top pond. I will build it this spring I think, and then I will move the biggest fish up to the new top pond as that is the best place for my most prized old koi fish. I only want to move those big fish once and then very gently, as I have not moved them for at least 15 years now and the two are so very big that I think I will make a big net out of a very soft pillow case and gently move them that way...

I am really craving some nice warm sunny weather, and I have a new pile of rocks ready to go that I started collecting the other day, I so want to cobble more and get things going so that FAT groundHOG better come out soon and there had better be spring on the way!!! Get a quick summer fix here in the meanwhile....

Attachments

• IMAG2989.jpg
    IMAG2989.jpg
    209 KB · Views: 145
  • IMAG2867.jpg
    IMAG2867.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 201
  • IMAG2990.jpg
    IMAG2990.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 136
  • IMAG2994.jpg
    IMAG2994.jpg
    187.8 KB · Views: 142
  • IMAG4415.jpg
    IMAG4415.jpg
    260.4 KB · Views: 149
  • IMAG4649.jpg
    IMAG4649.jpg
    257.1 KB · Views: 158
  • IMAG4420.jpg
    IMAG4420.jpg
    289.9 KB · Views: 163
  • IMAG4423.jpg
    IMAG4423.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 166
  • IMAG4421.jpg
    IMAG4421.jpg
    289.3 KB · Views: 187
  • IMAG4433.jpg
    IMAG4433.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I tried to e-mail you some of my warm weather but it said it could not find you ,send up a flare :)

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
How nice is that ice veil! I just love how the water sounds under the veil too! My water spillways are similar, covered in an ice cap too. It must be strange for you to have such cold conditions to create that wonderful ice veil, and it does look beautiful Sissy!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We had those cold days you sent us ;)And it is still there but it is melting fast today .

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I have some new video of the big bunch of Hornwort in the top pond today. I am working on downloading right now, have to work tonight and then I should have it all uploaded tonight after work... maybe even sooner! We shall see how fast this internet is today...o_O

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
A lot of our ice melted today, 50 up there at home. But cold coming back for a few days, will freeze up again.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I better remember to bring in those outside plants in pots tonight into the garage or they be goners. Going down to 27f............here we go again. Always clear tho when that cold here..................that's why we never get any snow..............we need clouds and cold together..............come on let's get it right one of these days please

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I messed up when I said it was January 31, should have said February 1.

Our internet service has been cutting in and out for a couple days. Don't know why, but I have internet with Bell on my cell phones, Roger on my tablet, and SHAW on my home net. If one is down I can use the other usually, but at times they have been all down! Don't know why this has been happening, but it has been going on with other here people too....

Ask a Question