My pond runs all winter, zone 2/3

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Addy, you are still in the "honey moon" stage, honeymooning with a small Missy raising your "love child! together!! :LOL::love:My pond would be froze still too but the 1250 watt heater defrosts things quick, although it has been warm and things are melting the last few days, park is turning to a mud bath and our "love puppies" have to run thew every darn puddle they see. Just finished washing and scrubbing the floors down. It never even got below freezing last night!!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Tomorrow is "Family Day Holiday" and hubby just got called back to work!! Hubby was MAD!! Thank goodness they just cancelled the job so hubby and I can enjoy long weekend together with our lovely puppy children and my sweet nefew!! We are all one big happy family here! Puppies watching out the window for "Daddy" to come back home!!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Your pond looks so nice and clear all the time Colleen. Spring coming soon! Have lots of fun w/ your family today. We will watch the rain fall here all day long. Gives my pond a nice cleansing

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Well my mom came to see the kitchen and the colors that I painted, she stared at everything and thought I had new doors to the bathroom and spare room, She really looked hard and did not say too much, just stared lots... I think she like it cause she stayed a long while and seemed very relaxed and ate lots of the nice breakfast I made for her. I will admit the colors are unusual and loud, but I picked them so I must be unusual and loud too! he he he

The ponds are now mostly defrosted and free of ice, except for the bottom pond, that pond still has at least half of its ice. I the were resting nice and waiting for the sun to move over a little and shine down on them...

Nefew and my Mom having coffee and reading the news paper. Were off to the park soon, me and the nefew, looks like it is going to be a nice day today, feels like spring is in the air and the birds were singing happy in the trees as I took pictures a few moments ago.
IMAG8773.jpg
IMAG8776.jpg
IMAG8768.jpg
IMAG8767.jpg
IMAG8760.jpg
IMAG8770.jpg
IMAG8752.jpg
IMAG8690.jpg
IMAG8753.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Boy what a difference a couple days make at your pond! Looks like old man winter may have left the building.....................you hope!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I swear the sun shines brighter here Mitch, but we still have some snow still, my front yard still has lots of snow and ice cause that side of the house is in the shade. Now the sun is shining right on the ponds and the fish are soaking up some nice warm sun rays today. Even in the middle pond the fish were starting to creep out from under the yellow flag roots. It was just a week or so ago that I was complaining of record amounts of ice on the pond!! IMAG8821.jpg
IMAG8819.jpg
IMAG8821.jpg
IMAG8825.jpg
IMAG8828.jpg
IMAG8831.jpg
IMAG8834.jpg
IMAG8835.jpg
IMAG8839.jpg
IMAG8845.jpg
IMAG8846.jpg

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
just for you colleen the instant granite is neat ,but the appliances are cool but expensive

Attachments

• kitchen stuff 003.JPG
    kitchen stuff 003.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 169
  • kitchen stuff 006.JPG
    kitchen stuff 006.JPG
    176.6 KB · Views: 181
  • kitchen stuff 010.JPG
    kitchen stuff 010.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 151
  • kitchen stuff 007.JPG
    kitchen stuff 007.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 151

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I seen thoses stoves and they are very pricy, so maybe in the future they will have a cheaper version. Ran out of "steam" this morning cause I had to work last night, soaking old bones in hot tub with bath salts and in desperate need a of large coffee this morning to get me going again!!:confused:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Thing is you keep sending your Canadian cold our way :)I don't want it .So far no ice but tomorrow only supposed to be 45 degrees but i think the wind will make it feel colder .I need to get the pond dug out and the new liner in .crunchy walk

Ask a Question