My pond runs all winter, zone 2/3

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I don't have a picture, but yes you take the hard plastic top off of the new one and take (unsrew) the hard plastic bottom off of the old one (unscrew) and then screw the new filter (without the top) and screw it to bottom of the old one. (the old one can be on bottom or top) Once you take off the end cap, you see the threads, and screw the two filter directly together. Does that help? I then store the new top of filter and old bottom of filter away cause it won't be needed.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Ok got it. Didnt know the peices unscrewed on both ends and the very center tube unscrewed as well. Got it together now I just need to find a hunk of hose to attach all to the pump. Might have to get some more fittings. Will be attaching to my Laguna 4200 so hope 2 of them put together will work with this pump. Thanks Colleen & JW!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My two connected to my Pondmaster 2400gph pump works well so I would think the Laguna would work even better. I'm going to hook mine up to my new Laguna pump soon. I will have to take the protective cage off the Laguna tho to hook the tubing onto the intake connection.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Well I have been busy working tonight pulling dead foliage off yellow flag and got a barrel full already! Got the pond lights going. Will get snap shots of pond in morning. Fish all swimming around and out of hiding.
Right now it is 61 degrees and it is 9 pm almost!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
We had the warmth yesterday too Colleen. My fish were begging for food. Not quite there yet.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Mine are all out and about swimming everywhere, waking up from another ice cold winter. Cleaned the yellow flag and I see lots of new shoots that are 5 inches long In the middle pond!
20150327_105427.jpg
20150327_105421.jpg
20150327_105413.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
It's coming to life Colleen. Mine is too. The sun here has been inviting them to reach up to the sky.

IMG_6548.JPG

IMG_6551.JPG

I don't know what this is below but I grabbed it out of a ditch.
IMG_6549.JPG

Even some lilies are trying to live
IMG_6553.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Our trees are barely getting buds, the maples, which usually bloom in February and just forming their buds. Not opening yet. Grass just sort of greening up, see a few green shoots here and there.

Daffodils probably a month behind, usually by now they are all done blooming.

Ask a Question