j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@callingcolleen1 well we have black appliances and the kitchen is quite tiny and w/not wanting to redo the counter tops black wouldn't work for me. Also our kitchen and family room's walls and ceilings are attached w/no break in between so we will need to paint them both the same color cuz I'm not gonna try and paint straight lines to divide them up. I can see that stress nightmare wiggly line thing for sure if I tried that idea!
p.s I would never be able to find my black cat in the black rooms either :sneaky:

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I'm not sure for sure what I want these days. I saw some really nice rooms done in all green and light green ceilings that was really beautiful and thinking about that color too.

Winter is gone, not that we even had a real winter this year. Very strange weather for winter, not complaining cause it's so mild but starting to worry that we will have another dry as a bone spring. Last summer the trees were really hit hard and many I fear will be dead come spring.
It's also hard on the pond as well, as the lack of fresh rain or snow melt affects the water PH. I have had to top ponds up with tap water which is very high PH. Rain water usually brings down the PH and I think the rain water is good for the plants as well. Last year I had hardly any horn wort and am very sure it's cause of hard water from tap.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
It's my mother's Birthday and she is now 78. We had a nice dinner and then went to that new movie just out in Canada, Risen. It was really moving and I admit to having tears in my eyes during that movie.
12 years earlier we saw the first part "The Passion Of Christ ". Highly recommend everybody see that movie.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My hubby and I celebrated 43 years of Marriage yesterday .We were supposed to get married on the 14 th but pastor was sick with the flu so we waited until the 18th .It was just a chapel wedding no guests only witnesses .So happy birthday to your mom from the U.S.A. Colleen

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Awe How sweet Sissy that you married in a small little chapel all those years ago and still together forever... that's so cool and I plan to keep my hubby healthy and loved so he won't "check out" any time soon either. Hubby is well and seems very happy these days. He loves the "Baby Rio" and he's loves our new improved living room. Over the last year I got the new big curved 3D Smart super HD TV with sound system, and now the new comfy couch. I think just keeping hubby happy will keep him living longer than anything else.

Winter is back today. Not really winter temperatures by a long shot. It's just barely above freezing and snow is melting.
The fresh snow is welcomed and needed. I did clean the filter the other day as it was getting full of "smeary" type algae as it always does in spring. I also ran the net in the ponds and scooped lots of loose smear algae away. Soon the extra pumps and filters will be added to help keep spring algae at bay.

Attachments

• 20160219_122352.jpg
    20160219_122352.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 206
  • 20160219_122358.jpg
    20160219_122358.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 226

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I think March we will be in for a surprise .Yep my church and a small chapel .Thing is hubby is catholic and we got married in a baptist church and my son were christened in a catholic church because his mom and dad wanted that .Thing is the catholic church would not recognize our marriage unless I converted but I felt no need too .Then they offered 18 years later to marry us in the catholic church without me converting .Strange to me .My church did not make my hubby convert before we were married there

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Thin sheet of ice on a small quite section of pond. It was chilly last night, when I went to bed the outdoor thermometer said -8 Celsius. The ground has defrosted for the most part so that is why so little ice. No heater has been needed now since early January I think.
Need to get Gazebo sorted out and cleaned up. Time to start having coffee out there soon. Hopefully next day off I will get that done and post pictures!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I thought after all that time they considered me safe ;)St Cecilias Church in Iselin NJ was a big Catholic church back in it's day .Iselin used to be the biggest catholic community in NJ in it's day .While I lived there you would see lots of people walking to church 3 times a week

Ask a Question