My pond runs all winter, zone 2/3

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Church three times a week! Wow you can't get people to go at least once a year these days.... Sadly we lost our faith and with that, we lost the family structure that holds society together...

My cell phone is acting weird these days and can play my video so need to take it in for checkup or just upgrade yet again. I swear these cell phones are not made to last. I need to get this sorted out so I can made more pond video's. ..

Worked to death all night till 5am in the morning counting stock in a very cold freezer. They are lucky to have me, nobody else can seem to tolerate the cold but me!

cas

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
So I hear you have lots of spring projects planned. :) I also spend all winter coming up with my list of things to do, but none of my tasks are as big as yours.
Making you a little nervous that you are going to have to move the big koi when you replace the liner in the one pond?

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Always nice to see your lovely ponds and hear you narrate by your pond and will be fun seeing all the plans you have come up w/when finished. Maybe teach your hubby or your favorite nephew to film you while you talk and work at all these projects so we can watch you in action :snaphappy:

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Yes, maybe next time I will get him to film me... he can't be any worse at filming than me, ha ha!

Well on Monday I worked hard around yaRd and got the old roof down off gazebo and temporarily converted into sun roof gazebo with plastic so I can, soak up sun on chilly mornings and drink my coffee.

Nefew was over the other evening and after the walk at doggy park I lit the heater and we sat inside looking at all the solar lights by my ponds. Now that spring is coming the solar lights iare all working better. I also have some strings of plug in led lights too.

Today I got all the balls spinning in the water ways to break up loose spring algae. Ponds are looking great
I got up and stood on a chair so you can see 3 of the 4 connecting ponds all together. .
20160305_110422.jpg
20160305_110410.jpg

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I really love those spinning balls, best money I ever spent! Some of those silver spinning balls are at least 15 years old now, and they sit outside in pond all year, and in winter they are frozen in ice and they never rust and still look as good as they day I bought them!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I threw a rubber ball under my falls and it stayed there for a few days, then rain and or wind dislodged it but it looked cool while it was spinning. Need to find a big stainless ball.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Yes JW you should get a big stainless steel ball, look at all the many years of enjoyment that I have got from the silver stainless steel balls. You can play with the water flow from your waterfall {by simply moving a rock or two} till you get the "right angle", and then the big ball will spin for ever almost, or until a big gust of wind or big fish moves the ball. The colored stainless steel ball in the top pond flows really well and never has moved since I put it there in its new location last week. I would just love to see you play with a big ball in your pond! :LOL:

Ask a Question