My pond runs all winter, zone 2/3

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Ha Ha ha, I am still alive. Should not have gone to work Sunday, in the freezer of course, just drained me. Had Monday to recover and told them just working half days till I feel back to normal. I just ran myself into the ground and really did almost "work myself to death".
Got fresh bottle of Cod Liver oil and drinking large amounts. The oil made my throat feel better cause I coughed so hard yesterday I pucked. Lots of flem came up too. No coffee with cream right now, just yea makes me feel better. Just can't drink coffee and cream right now, tastes funny somehow.
Last night I had better sleep cause I coughed much less.
Want to get back to finishing the other side of greenhouse, and make it all nice...
Thanks you guys, made me laugh, and that feels good.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Looking good what you have done so far w/your new greenhouse. Waiting to see how you get those 2 big banana plants in there. I know you will do it!
Glad to see you feeling better :)

The Donald is ahead of Hillary they say now (y)

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Yes, Donald Trump is actually way ahead If You look at social media. I know he will win by a massive landslide. Never discount Social Media!

Going to put big banana's in the big door. I already had the smaller green one in, and I just carried it in the door with the pot first, plant will be tillted back and then lifted up.
Here is what it looked like with big green banana inside.
20160914_110956_HDR.jpg
20160914_110944_HDR.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A, we are also very windy
Country
United States
.... I just ran myself into the ground and really did almost "work myself to death".
Got fresh bottle of Cod Liver oil and drinking large amounts. The oil made my throat feel better cause I coughed so hard yesterday I pucked. Lots of flem came up too. No coffee with cream right now, just yea makes me feel better. Just can't drink coffee and cream right now, tastes funny somehow. ...
That sounds like a bacteria infection trying to turn into bronchitis, pneumonia or even whooping cough. Watch your temperature for fever and be ready to see your MD if you have one or your not feeling better tomorrow.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
That sounds like a bacteria infection trying to turn into bronchitis, pneumonia or even whooping cough. Watch your temperature for fever and be ready to see your MD if you have one or your not feeling better tomorrow.
Thanks! I am feeling way better today. Last week I had very high fever that lasted for days. Finally went to Doctor last Friday and she said I have pneumonia. Got medicine and on my way to recovery.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Going to work on greenhouse and finish cleaning and fixing up the old side for winter. Really happy about how it's coming. I never wanted to make it too big, just big enough, cause I will be heating with small space heater fan like last year. The heater fan is best as it creates air movement as well for plants.
Must also get nets out to cover ponds.

Nights are getting cooler here every day, last week we had frost. Guppies will need to get out of little pond soon, but for now They are happy with fish tank heater keeping them nice and warm.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Got thick red thermal curtains for two big walls in new greenhouse extension. I found them super cheap at second hand store for only 4 dollars for two panels! So excited! must find more thick thermal curtains that can be drawn shut at night to save heat. This will be a lot more effective just adding the thermal curtains.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Just lovely Colleen. I cannot imagine minus 40 :eek:
Minus 6 is the lowest we have gotten here and that wreaked havoc on the pipes in our garage! You sure do need to find more of those curtains soon I'm thinking o_O

Ask a Question