My pond runs all winter, zone 2/3

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Making supper. One pan fry in clarified butter. Potatoes, onion, fresh baby carrots and something that came out of garden looking like zucckinii but looks like pumpin inside... Thats what happens when you save seed.. You get "some-kin". Cooking slow smoked brisket burgers in other pan with eggs too.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
OK, can you believe its November 4th Already! LOOK at how lush and green that sweet little guppy pond, despite frightful ice cold temperatures we had last week. So far SO GOOD.... fish tank heater is key to keeping it warm, plus I cover with plastic dome and heavy blankets on cold nights. We shall see how long this can work!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
@callingcolleen1 I'm keeping an eye on how long you will be able to keep that little pond going. Would it be a miracle to keep it open all winter w/the ones in there that you can't get out? We shall see...............I mean look at the miracle happening w/Trump getting this far!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Wow, this little pond is beautiful and so peaceful. Do you run a filter, or pump, or is it just still water, with plants? I think the cover + heater, is doing the trick :)

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
20161108_164858_HDR.jpg
20161108_164309_HDR.jpg
20161108_164851_HDR.jpg
Election driving me CrAZy!! So I Ran away outside to greenhouse and away from TV.....
Went crazy and finally installed this used set REAL glass windows, got a bunch from friend at work. Plan is to have lots of glass windows on South side so in winter I get lots more Sunshine. Now I can see things from a much better view!

Self Medicating with a glass of wine.

Last edited:

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Looks wonderful, love those windows and yep I had to escape the election for a bit too. Trying to think positive but prepared for the worst also so I am not too let down.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I used to love holidays when my boys were young and that coming from someone who's family never celebrated any holidays .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You are such a whiz at this green house stuff! I am amazed at what you can do w/stuff you find or get for free.

Ask a Question