My pond runs all winter, zone 2/3

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Wow, that's a lot of guppies !!! It'll be interesting to find out if any survive outside till Spring, as I'm thinking you might miss one or two.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep me too wondering if any will survive and if your heater will survive out there. If it gets too cold won't the heater crack?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Rescued some of the guppies from the front yard pond. Weather is just so mild and now I see poppies are growing again. But December is just around the corner and I want to get them all out by then...

WTH, your water should be below 50 in Canada... how did they survive so far?

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
WTH, your water should be below 50 in Canada... how did they survive so far?
I have a big fish tank heater in that 80 gallon pond and have it covered well as nights are getting very cold. The floating tropical plants are still green and show no sign of freezing so that is good. I also have a halogen light that shines in under the plastic dome (which I cover with heavy blankets at night) that provides heat as well,
Uploading another video right now so stay tuned!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very pretty and in the long run what the heck are you guys gonna do w/all those guppies? Going into the selling business of them?
You sound like me w/your cough and stuffiness. I finally got part of my voice back but then it comes and goes.
I hope you can catch all those itty bitty baby guppies tomorrow cuz the temps are a falling

Ask a Question