My pond runs all winter, zone 2/3

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
My new snuggle buddy! Her name is GiGi, she'll be 4 Feb. 1st. I lost my elderly poodle Nov 10 at almost 17 - broke my heart. I wanted another toy poodle, but not a puppy. She needed a home and I had one to give !!! We still have three newfs and a golden, but something about snuggling with a tiny doggie :)

IMG_8976.JPG

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
How cute nd small dogs are like puppies all there little loving lives and I just love poodle fluff . .Sorry to hear about your other dog ,it can be sad but they are in doggie heaven playing with all he other dogs .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
How cute nd small dogs are like puppies all there little loving lives and I just love poodle fluff . .Sorry to hear about your other dog ,it can be sad but they are in doggie heaven playing with all he other dogs .
Thanks sissy. My father ( who I lost Feb. 1, 2016 ) gave me Journey ( my elderly poodle ) so it was a particularly difficult loss. I like to think he's looking after her now. GiGi brings me great comfort, she's so sweet.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
She is one lucky puppy and you and GiGi will be good snuggle buddy and get lots of love and give lots of love.My chihuahua bandit was from my mom and dad and she past away at 19 years old . .

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Tula. It's always so sad to lose a beloved member of the family, but how sweet to know your dads in Heaven taking care of your sweet old puppy. ... It's just the sweetest but saddest thing I ever heard in a very long time. Really brought tears to my eyes.

Attachments

• 20161228_113948_HDR.jpg
    20161228_113948_HDR.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 129
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Tula. It's always so sad to lose a beloved member of the family, but how sweet to know your dads in Heaven taking care of your sweet old puppy. ... It's just the sweetest but saddest thing I ever heard in a very long time. Really brought tears to my eyes.
Thank you Colleen....GiGi is really helping heal my heart.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Losing our old furry friends is heartbreaking but think of the joy they gave us and we gave them. For everyone we loose there are so many more that need love and a home. :)
Cute pups.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
The sun was much brighter today, and the cold damp fog had lifted. We had more sun and it was more noticeable today. I had sun on the back two ponds longer than usual. During the cold month of December, it seemed that I was getting no sun on the back ponds some days. Today was much nicer and we almost made to zero, but much was melting yet.

Heater has been off for days and I am hoping not to use it anymore. I will put the plastic back up on upper most pond if needed. We shall see how long I can go with a heater, and just the cold frame was covering the one pond last night.

Today by my ponds...

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-26_21-34-12.png
    upload_2017-1-26_21-34-12.png
    111.4 KB · Views: 153

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
It's hard to have banana plants in very cold area's but they will come back. Just takes them time to grow when the warmth arrives. Mine died back too but they will return. Sometimes here if we don't get too much freeze they don't die all the way to the ground. This year too much freeze so they won't get as tall this season as last year.

Oh and we have nice sunny days here now so maybe they will creep your way :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I only grown plants that like our cold, you are good with making things grow that should never live up there!

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I know most of them they should come back cause they did last year and I was sure the one was dead but it made it.
Snowing here right now on Happy Groundhog Day!!! We still have cold in our forcaste but hopefully spring will come early this year.
I've been real lazy lately, need To get a few days off so I can get stuff done around here....

Ask a Question