callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Thanks Maria, you are so sweet!
Just got home from a hard long day at work and discovered the pond power breaker must have tripped cause the pond was not running!
Thankfully the ponds were not frozen and so I just switched the power back on and all was well.

This was today by my ponds, fish all look great and water was crystal clear like the ice cold mountains....

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Awe thanks Sissy, it's my labor of love. Have to keep constant eye out during winter months, Thats why I never go away during winter. Actually have not vacationed away since 2001 and back then my mom was still able to drive and able to care for them, but now she is like 80 years old and it would be way too much to ask her to house sit.

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
I got big plans for this year, so much I want to accomplish but more snow is flying and I need to sweep the back deck off. Life's a struggle between work at home and work at my job, but somehow I manage to keep it all together.
It was just two years ago that my greenhouse had that big fire, and lost all my plants that year, but I clawed my way back and now have a bigger better greenhouse. If I did not do everything myself, I would never be able to afford it. Just goes to show you what you can do it you put your mind to it.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Well I am having a weird morning here 65 degrees and sun on the back of my house and out front I can see lightening and hear thunder coming .Pickles has not seen it yet but will soon.Same here colleen ,do it myself or it does not get done or to expensive for someone else to do it . .I am sure colleen has lots of surprises for us ,she always does .:);)

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
oh goody - what do you have planned?
Greenhouse I need to make this awesome little wild guppy pond, with real plants, planted in bottom with substrate and soil. Then I am for sure going to fix that liner in the pond with the really big koi, and need to get back yard fence rebuilt. The list goes on and on...

Ask a Question