My Pond.

Reaction score
I dont know why but I have always had a fascination with ponds/ waterfalls so when I went to our garden centre and they were selling preformed kits , I had to have one. At the time I was 12 so my parents did not really think I was serious so it never happened. But as the summer came closer to an end the pond kits started to become reduced more and more. By the end of the summer the kits were down to 29.99 for a 125 gallon preformed pond with light and pump/fountain thing. My parents gave me the pond at christmas as a surprise.
It took 2 years of convincing before I was actually aloud to put the pond in the garden at the front of the house. (picture attached)
after one year of that I had to go bigger. So last year I built a (650 gallon? i don't know just guessing) pond. I did it myself and had a lot of fun doing it. at the time I was 16 years old. I stocked it with gold fish and shubumkins? and housed them inside over winter and did the same this again this winter until I bought more goldfish to put in with them and they ended up spreading a disease to all the fish and i lost around 45 fish in under one week so this year I get to start all over again. I would love to have some koi in the pond but they start out at 20.00 for little 3" ones that just look like goldfish so they are to expensive for me so I am going to stick with them for now. I dont know what am i supposed to write in here but I hope this is it. Thanks
Picture 1, first pond.
Picture 2, Pond last year
picture 3, taken today, was just opened/ cleaned from winter saturday

Attachments

• IMG_8194.JPG
    IMG_8194.JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG-20110828-00023.jpg
    IMG-20110828-00023.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 226
  • DSC03166.JPG
    DSC03166.JPG
    102.9 KB · Views: 191

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
WelcomeGroupSmiley.gif
To our group.

That is a nice pond, very nice looking. I would suggest you stick with goldfish, shubunkins, it is a little small for koi, they get very large fast. They will out grow that pond pretty quick.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
you did a great job even the first time and bet your parents were proud and happy that you did it

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomehu9.gif
greenir
Nice little pond and hope we can be of assistance to you in your continuing projects.

Ask a Question