My son did it again

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My son and I, we’ve been taking the guppies out of the big pond and into the bucket then give them away. We would see some nice one and would put them back in the pond. My son is four so I’m also teaching him how to handle the fish.

My 3 new Watonai have been in the QT for a week (well 6 days!). He saw me did water change, test the water, and even helped me feed them a little.

My son and I’ve been talking about these fish, why they needed the QT, and they will eventually be in the big pond (after a few weeks) with his new friends where they will be much happier.

Yesterday evening while he was playing, running around the backyard, then suddenly he came to me and said the fish are happy now :LOL:. I thought he fed my fish so I went closer, he just caught all of my watonai and put them in the big pond :cautious:

So now my QT is no more. All the fish are now in the big pond together. So what should I do? The fish are all healthy looking, after 1 week of QT. I did not do any treatment while QT.

They are from KTTW (ebay) so I guess they are from Blackwater creek.

Should I do anything? Anything I can do?

Anya

Reaction score
Oh I know this so well! I have a 3yo and a 5yo. I know all about 'helping'.

I would leave them if it was me, but I'll let the experts chime in.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Don't worry if they look good they are good ,just keep an eye on them and on your son :)he may decide to put the fish in buckets and make a fish stand instead of a lemonade stand

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
haha thanks :) He was so happy I couldn't be mad at him. I just told him next time we will do it together.

I was in the backyard, just tend to my other garden lol.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
haha Sissy, he wants to catch the fish all the time. I let him catch my guppies :)

We were both in the backyard, I was just looking at my tomatoes plants. I saw him with the net but didnt think he was catching the one in the QT!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Got to love kids! just leave the be, if they have something it is being shared, most likely fine.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That was so funny and good for him he thought he was helping the fish to a happier life

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
J.w, you really have gif for every occasion!!!

I watched them today and they are all chasing each other. Both male and female watonai got chased (like spawning behavior) but also other normal one got chased too so I'm not so worried.

I fed them 3 times, apparently the watonai are very hungry since I didn't feed them much in the QT.

My son loves the fish. He dug up worms for them today.

My female watonai, when she was in qt, her spots are brownish, but now that she's in the pond, the spots darken a lot. Why do you think that is?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
My Watonai spawned a few days ago. I think it's her because I only have 1 other female and she spawned last week already.

They are all doing great and eating with everybody. No other sickness in my observation... May be my son was right :whistle:

Ask a Question