Mystery with keyboard vs. text editing tools [iPad]

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am assuming this is an issue with APPLE [iPad Air] and my keyboard [Logitech keyboard case], but any techy help would be appreciated. Would love to know if there's a way around this. The iPad and iPhone are the only APPLE products we have, so even Hubby can't explain/figure it out.

This newer keyboard I have is set up different from what I'm used to, and to get ALL CAPS with CAPS LOCK on, instead of pressing SHIFT/CAPS LOCK, I have to press this little key underneath [I guess] it's a FUNCTION button -- all it says it "fn." Not crazy about it, but getting used to it.

But ever since the upgrade, when I use the keyboard [not the on-screen one], and press fn/CAPS LOCK, weird things happen to my text. Guessing that the "fn" key is interacting with the text-edit functions on the forum, but I don't know how to correct/override it and still be able to use the text-edit functions.

I like having the text-edit functions for posting messages on my iPad -- it's the first time I've been able to use bold, italics, u/line, as well as making lists. But if I forget and try to use ALL CAPS, I'm sorta screwed.

If it helps, this is the keyboard I am using:
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/ultrathin-keyboard-folio-for-ipad?crid=1240

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to hear your keyboard isn't interacting well with the new forum software!

It looks like the number of keys has been minimised and so some have a double function. Looking at the photos on the Logitech website, for example, I can see that the A key is also your Caps Lock - so in order to use it you have to press the function key at the same time. Is it just the Caps Lock key that gives you problems? There shouldn't be a need to type a lot of text in capitals, so hopefully it's not a major problem. Unfortunately it's not something that we can help you with, but it might be worth reporting the issue to Logitech.

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks for looking into it from your end. I figured it was an Apple issue, or now, a Logitech issue. I might shoot them an email, but like you say, the ALL CAPS thing isn't too much of a problem as long as I remember to just SHIFT with each letter.

Yeah, I had their older version keyboard for my last iPad, and it was a normal keyboard. First thing I noticed on this one was that they combined key functions. Apparently this was a way to keep the keyboard size the same. Took me a while to figure out what was going on with my ALL CAPS, LOL!

Ask a Question