JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I could watch that video all day. :)

It's been fantastic out there lately. I spent three hours in the garden on Friday and just kicked back and took it all in. It's amazing to watch various wildlife come and go over a period of time, and it's great to see different species use the garden for different things. The wrens would search it for caterpillars to feed their babies. The goldfinches would fly in and eat the coneflower seeds. The pollinators arriving for nectar, and each specie having a preference to which plants like the most. I'm also seeing more hummingbird activity lately. As much as I don't want to admit it, hummingbird and monarch migration will be picking up as we get to the end of the month.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I could sit & watch the activity in my garden all day! It's fascinating, although it does sometimes interfere with my getting the chores done. I head out with a long 'to do' list, then get all distracted following the butterflies & watching the frogs or dragonflies, and end up doing nothing but taking 200 pictures. :ROFLMAO:

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I was inspired by you JB and we love our butterfly garden. I am using a lot of native plants but the Mexican Sunflower is a favorite that will get planted every year. I found a Mexican Fire vine that has similar flowers and risked ordering a couple to replace the sweet autumn clematis that is just too invasive. Not hardy in our area but will winter over cuttings ( I hope)!

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question