j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I walk every day and sometimes I see my friend bucky and the snakes. The bunch of snakes have been piled up in a big ball till recently. Now they are venturing off.

IMG_7462.JPG

IMG_7463.JPG

IMG_7464.JPG

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
That's so neat to see wild horses on a beautiful beach just living free @addy1
It is, this is the group that has claimed the area as theirs to rob the beach goers bags of food. The dark one is a stallion, he is always with the paint and another brown one.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I got back from two days of camping today. I didn't take nearly as many photos as I typically do, but I still have some that I really like.

The crystal clear, spring-fed, Scuppernong River.
IMG_1504 copy2.jpg

Sandhill Cranes
IMG_1554 copy.jpg

Scuppernong Prairie. The largest wet-prairie east of the Mississippi River.
IMG_1558 copy2.jpg

Bridge over the Scuppernong River. You can see the spiderwebs that were created overnight.
IMG_1586 copy2.jpg

Tussock Moth caterpillar. This caterpillar, like the Monarch, relies on Milkweed.
IMG_1628 copy2.jpg

A boardwalk near the beginning of the Scuppernong River. In this area, there are a lot of springs visible.
IMG_1677 copy2.jpg

Over the past few years, there has been a lot of work done on the river as well as the surrounding habitat. Because of that, there has been more fish activity in the river. It's really a great sign. The water has always been clean, but not quite the right habitat for fish like trout, until recently.
IMG_1698 copy.jpg

A field of Goldenrod.
IMG_1720 copy.jpg

Last night, on the final night of the trip, there was a storm off to the West. The lightning was nearly constant. It was quite the view from the campsite!
IMG_1736 copy1.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Here are a few from a recent short visit to Scotland

Loch Venachar in the Trossachs

IMG_0973_S.jpg

Bracklinn Falls, just east of Callander

IMG_1033_S.jpg

A rare native red squirrel. The numbers are declining, and there are very few places left where they thrive. The grey squirrel was introduced from North America back in the 19th Century, and they have driven the red squirrel out to the point where they can only be found in a locations, although they still thrive in Scotland. (75% of the total). Measures are being taken to reduce the threat in areas where reds still live.

IMG_1108-Edit-2_S.jpg

Ask a Question