Nature & Wildlife Thread

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I saw a huge blue heron this morning a few miles from our home. It wasn't far above my wind shield ! They are majestic birds....especially in this case, as he / she, was no where near my pond :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I rehomed a huge groundhog last week after he decided to dig his den above my pond area right where electrical is run. He almost got out of the trap in the car. Had to run a piece of rebar thru the trap to keep him in.
I managed to catch, mama and her three kids. The kids were all grown, I would not trap them when they needed her. And the uncle and aunt, they all got rehomed.

But I think we have a new one under the garage. I am seeing fresh hog poop in the yard, full of seeds. I have not seen it, maybe it is living out in the field somewhere.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
But I think we have a new one under the garage. I am seeing fresh hog poop in the yard, full of seeds. I have not seen it, maybe it is living out in the field somewhere.
Thanks for the Free "poop identification" lesson, you've solved the mystery that has been haunting me for years! :ROFLMAO:

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Went hiking in the woods this morning.
IMG_2509 copy1.jpg

Ask a Question