Need a little help

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Just an update for folks that are interested.....As it turned out I had a bad parasite infection....probably due to some rescue fish that I took in without quarantining them (I know.... I am learning slowly)..... so I bought some Pond Prazipro and treated the pond so I went from my Koi being nose down and tail up and blood red fins to now after three weeks, they are back on the horizontal and fins are almost back to normal.....what was weird about it was until I treated the fish I never saw any signs of parasites, but after I treated them started to see bumps and things hanging off of them, so I am guessing that it caused them to evacuate the host. And no I am not a Spoke Person for Prazipro..... I actually found out about it doing searches for sick fish on this forum......but thankfully it’s working.....thanks for everyone help and concern.....Jimmy

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Happy to hear your koi are recovering. I have not added any fish in years and never will. They make enough pretty babies to keep the pond stocked if I do lose any.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I’m a fair hand and patient! I caught my fry with a little net just swimming at the top. I’d only need a few! Lord knows, the trip from Florida to Oklahoma would be hard on them!

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I’m a fair hand and patient! I caught my fry with a little net just swimming at the top. I’d only need a few! Lord knows, the trip from Florida to Oklahoma would be hard on them!
lol I live in Maryland, we just visit Florida.
When I am wading in the pond they swarm around my legs, can almost catch them by hand, make one move with a net they poof are gone! My pond is too deep with lots of room for them to run and hide when they want to. Dear hubby and I tried to catch a few fry for a friend after a few hours quit. I have never tried mrsclems method of a pvc trap with netting and food. Never been that driven to get fish out of the pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I just patiently sit by the side till the babies come around. Try a glass jar, I don’t think they see clear glass in water. I either use one hand to chase them into a submerged glass, or use the water presser of it filling to skim some from the surface. It works a charm on minnows!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I used a plastic water bottle and cut the neck and inverted to funnel in to the bottle. some pebbles to weigh it down and some fish food in. and wait. 2 bottles had 4 fish in 2hrs.

Ask a Question