addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
While empty why not patch it. I use something we have here, pl roofing patch, sold at home depot, lowes, hardware stores.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Loctite-...e-Roof-and-Flashing-Sealant-1675273/203163733

I put a bunch on the area, then squish a piece of liner over it, then put more over the edges of the piece of liner. I fixed a hole I put into my 1000 gallon stock tank, still holding well years later.

3b1a9cc2-2fce-4eae-898f-22f38190e4e1_1000.jpg

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Thats sounds good, Ill pick some up tomorrow from the local hardware store and patch it.
I've marked the water level to test for a leak overnight - hopefully its not leaking.
Thanks for the complement, ive finally been able to build this pond to my dream specifications.
Started the brickwork construction about 3 years ago, and then had to finish landscaping the rest off the backyard first.
You know what, ill start a build thread now, and let this one die, as my original query is sorted now

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Forgot to say, I re-levelled it today, and got it pretty close.
I stuffed up a bit though and forgot to keep adding water into the pond as I back washed sand with water down the sides and underneath it. The front right hand side floated up a bit ( on all the water underneath it) but I can live with the result, its only out now by quarter of an inch over approx 12 Feet.

With the pond empty, I was able to mark the new required height and raise the shell up on blocks, then use a PVC pipe connected to my garden hose to probe down the sides and ensure there are no voids under it. Once the water and sand stop disappearing and start to pool on the surface, you know that area is done and you just work your way around the pond.

Ask a Question