New and have questions.

BillD

Bill
Reaction score
I have an in-ground plaster 'play' pool that I would love to convert to a Koi pond. Description of the 'play' pool: each end is about 3ft deep and slope down to the center (about 6ft) with 2 drains in the center. Have underwater steps on one side and a built in jacuzzi on the other wall. The corners are rounded, not square.

Filtration: Have a skimmer next to the jacuzzi and 6 jets in the main pool. 5 'bubbling' jets in the jacuzzi. 3hp pump with a Hayward 4 cartridge filter. Really want to put in a bio-filter structure and do have some room to do it.

The pool has direct sunlight for most of the day in Summer and I know that is an issue (it does turn green).

I would really appreciate any suggestions and knowledge from those that have done the conversion.

Have five 9inch Koi that would love a bigger home than my 150gallon tank.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Nice project, never have done that, but have had pools and sure wanted too.

Any specific questions post them, I have never done it but sometimes can still come up with good ideas, maybe

Ask a Question