New here...

Reaction score
So hi ,

I' am Anne-Sophie and new here and in the world of artificial ponds.

I'am 29, animal osteopath, passionate by Nature, animals, I currently own two dogs and two horses (and a husband :lol: lol ).

Also own sine last year 3 outdoor ponds, one of them has a waterfall.

Only problem is that it was not built by us, and it's really hard to figure out things... find the wires, pipes, motor of waterfall.... and now new problem with the air pipes just as winter has arrived.

I posted on the forum "garden pond talk" I don't know if it was the right place to post thought.

Let me know, sorry if I screwed up.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomeflowers.gif
Rivermist Post pictures of your ponds whenever you can :lol:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Rivermist, Welcome to the forum! Are there any fish in the ponds? Also it's winter so you don't have to do a whole lot except wait for Spring!

Reaction score
JW I will... ;)
Thx

Cometkeith... :fish: thx would love to just have to wait for spring but two of the ponds are not deep ponds and they could freeze completely...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi Rivermist, for anyone to really give you good advice you need to give as much detail about each pond in terms of size of the pond (depth, length, width, and ideally gallons) and number and size of the fish. Basic advice is you need to keep some sort of hole in the ice. It's very unlikely your ponds will freeze solid where you live if they are at least 2 ft deep . Which reminds me to go check on my milk container with hot water I put out there a few hours ago!

Ask a Question