New Koi pond build...any assistance?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I'm jealous of the waterfall box. I should've done that instead of one of those plastic waterfall filters. Any pictures from the back or side showing how you attached it?

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
That would hold a lot of plants to clean the water .But would be hard to clean unless you used it as a bog filter or put a pump in the bottom to pump all the gunk out of it when it needs cleaned ,I did that with my filter

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'll post more pics when I get home but yes it is a bog filter and it's not attached it just sits higher than the pond, it's resting on cinder blocks.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 228
Reaction score
Country
United States
Again I didn't attach the bog to the pond with fasteners it's sitting on dirt and cinder blocks and surrounded by rock. Final rock placement for waterfall and surrounding pond will be done last

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    267.8 KB · Views: 251
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    248.1 KB · Views: 235
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    238.5 KB · Views: 214

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Always happens with a new pond .That is why I store my pond plants in the basement and get them in the pond as fast as i can .It all works out in the end .I added my new aerator with 12 airstones and 2 are in the filters and the spitters really help over aerate the pond .In my old pond I had 2 aerators with 4 ports each .

Reaction score
Country
United States
Always happens with a new pond .That is why I store my pond plants in the basement and get them in the pond as fast as i can .It all works out in the end .I added my new aerator with 12 airstones and 2 are in the filters and the spitters really help over aerate the pond .In my old pond I had 2 aerators with 4 ports each .
Maybe I should get my aerator hooked up asap, I didn't realize that would help eliminate the algae

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I read a lot on over aeration and there is lots of info both on you tube and online .I have been doing it for years now and I am really pleased at the difference .When I first started the aeration it took about a month and what a difference it made in the water quality and fish health .Plus I don't have all the spring problems others have .I don't get string algae and green water might last a week but plants really stop that and I really think plants grow better .But i don't have plants in the pond because of the koi destroying them

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have Laguna 4200 plumbed into 2 55gallon drum settlement tanks feeding into 3 1/2 x 7' bog filter with 12" pea gravel, bottom drain is aerated as well....pond sits in FULL SUN so keeping this pond from turning green is a challenge, I'm assuming because it's only about a month old or so, so far I have about 18-20 various plants in bog

Ask a Question