New Koi Pond Change in plans

Reaction score
Horsetail looks almost like Bamboo (jointed). It's hardy, just watch the spread.
image.jpg
Here is an idea you could bury these too :)

callingcolleen1

mad hatter
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
OMG I love horsetail rush, and those are just beautiful!! I used to have some, but it did not grow like that for me!!! But back then the puppies were really just puppies and I think they dragged it out of the pond one year long time ago, and Poppy and Bear chewed it to nothing too. I think I do not have enough sun for horsetail rushes and cattails, both do not do well for me. I have been working on cutting some of the tree branches down so I can get more afternoon sun on the pond. Maybe I will try it again, in a different area of pond, sometimes that works too, just moving the plant around. I do have really good luck with the Yellow Flag Iris and the Sweet Flag too, but I have tried cattails and I think I plant them different this time, I will not pot them up, and just wedge the root into the rocks along the water edge. I think that some plants do better when they are not potted up, like the floating yellow flag that is 23 years old now.

Reaction score
why bury those they look like modern art in those metal tanks and may be a good way to hide the filters .
Yes they are really cool looking :) well no digging today due to rain but that's ok maybe it will soften clay haha ;)

Reaction score
Well I figured since it's raining I would order some more stuff lol Hakko 40 air pump/compressor on the way :) to hook to the koi toilet I when installed ;)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I research everything my laguna repair kit is only 14 dollars.I look for energy cost and repair parts and warranty on the product .You have to these days because nothing is made to last .I had to buy new appliances 2 years ago and did a month worth of research .I am not saying anything is better but with money being tight these days you have to look at everything .If my research helps one person it is worth it

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have went through 3 coffee pots in the last 7years and decided to research them and found out none of them are rated very well .All the heating elements go out .That goes for any where from 15 dollars up to 150 dollars all had the same complaint .And I will manage to pick out the lemon one in every one of them .I have my moms old perculator and it still works great and it has to be over 40 years old .Thing is that appliances these days are all energy savings ones and you just have to look at them close .I am not sure how long the laguna pump or air pump will last but figure I have a 4 year warranty on the pump and a 2 year on the air pump so at least I have a small safety net .I had a petco air pump that lasted 8 years now and never needed repaired and gave it away to a couple who needed one for there small pond .it had 4 outlets and cost less than 30 dollars and it was petco brand

Ask a Question