sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
PL roofing goop because I use it too forgot it comes in a caulk gun tube .

Reaction score
IMG_2670.JPG

PL Roof & Flashing Sealant. The sealant part is important. And this assumes that your liner is EPDM. This won't work with PVC liners, at least I don't think it will. Out here on the other coast, we get it at Lowes. Sometimes its in the roofing dept, sometimes in the caulking dept. /shrug.

I thought I did a post on the seaming job I did for the pond away from pond. I'll look for it later. Basically, a level surface helps alot. Even a piece of lumber can provide a temporary level surface. Rain,don't worry about. No fish? No problem. Thought I betcha end up with a few for mosquito control! Seriously though, this stuff can be used in wet conditions. Dry is preferable, and I'm not keen on using this under water with my goldfish in the pond. Clean the two edges of the liner really well. Use peroxide or acetone. I used chalk to make a guide line to match the two pieces. Because I don't trust myself to get a water tight bead (you want a solid no-break bead), I used a double line method. You will want to use double nylon gloves on your hands, and a throw away caulk gun. Oh, and if you finish a section and still have goop in the tube, wrap some saran wrap around the nozzle and stick it in your freezer. Pick up some grubbies from the quarter bin at the thrift store so you can throw them out on the way to the shower. I don't know why I insist on wearing black goop.

Edit - found it! https://www.gardenpondforum.com/topic/10005-pond-away-from-pond/page__view__findpost__p__137495

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Put a screw in the open tip also .I have had a tube of it in my basement for 3 years now and it is still good .I just had Mike over to paint the trim on my house and he noticed one of the boots on one of the vents on my roof was damaged and had to get a new boot and he took the old one off and used the goop to seal it up to the roof where it went under the shingles .I just take it out of the caulking gun and put a screw in the end and seal it in a zip lock bag and leave it in the basement .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Fishy, don't you have Menards where you live? They have it at my Menards. I looked and looked before I finally found it, though. They have sooooo many types of caulking in that isle!
Good luck with sealing your liner together! I've never had to do that, but you never know, maybe someday I'll be adding on ... again. :LOL:

Reaction score
You know, if worse comes to worse, I'd be willing to ship it to you from here. They are about $6.50- $7 dollars a tube. We could figure something out :)
Wow, what a sweetheart...Thanks. But, here's what I am going to do. Tomorrow, I'm drafting a letter to the company who built this pond, and who cut the liner too short. The problem I have now is a direct result from that. And, there are other issues, so rather than try to fix something I didn't break, I will see if they are willing to be reasonable. By that I mean fix the mistake they made... that created my mess. Which is only fair. And, well if they don't agree then I will have to take the alternative route, which is file a small claims and let a Judge decide.
Frankly, that would be the easier way for me, since I do have a substantial amount of evidence to prove my case. Lots of before and after pics, the two guys I hired on (pond builder guy's suggestion) to be under his supervision and unanswered emails concerning smaller issues that should have been addressed.
Then, when the liner problem is solved...I'll start having fun with my bog project.
Not my first time around this Courtyard block. I wouldn't go to battle without knowing I could win. I'll keep you all posted.
Peace and Good Cheer,
Susan
:fechten2:

Reaction score
Does anyone what to read what I wrote? Kinda would like some feedback...it's pretty direct. Just wondering... I don't really have anybody, out here, unbiased to get feedback from.

Susan

Reaction score
Basically that's what I'm doing, only I would have to go to small claims to get a refund. I just want it fixed, but I will ask a judge for a refund or rebuild if he won't agree to with what I want. And, I'm 99% sure I get it...the 1% would be if the Judge was his friend or something. I have good pictures.

Reaction score
I mean really, you shouldn't have to be cleaning up his mess. You should be sitting back enjoying yourself and your turtles, not rigging up your pond so it doesn't fall apart. BUT......that's just my humble opinion :D

Reaction score
Well I sent the letter in an email, and will send via USPS tomorrow. I don't need feedback for what I already know to be that which is true. Be it words on paper, spoken words or feelings from the gut or heart. It is what it is and if it is the truth, then I'm ok with that.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Make sure your letter is certified. Try the come and fix it if they don't go for that, then the refund for the full amount and hire someone to finish the job. Include the wording court is next if you don't respond.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
If they come and fix then be there every second taking pix now and then and don't be afraid to ask questions and let them know if you don't approve of something. We are cheering for you to get it done right or get your money back but then you have to do it yourself or hire someone else to fix it. Sometimes things get done better when you DIY from the start. We all live and learn, that's just life in the big fish bowl :goldfish:

Ask a Question