new to the ponding life

Reaction score
I am so thank-ful I have found this site.I am new to ponding and right now I am halfway with the construction.I am building a main 4 foot waterfall w/2 other les dramatic falls on either side.The main pond will be approx. 15x 15 feet 4 feet deep.There is a lot of info to digest eg.fish,plants,water ph and so much more.This sounds like great fun.

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Welcome! glad you joined and that sounds like one neat pond.

Start a construction thread with pictures for any question or just information you might want!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
welcomeballoon3.gif
chmotz
We're glad you found us too!

Reaction score
Now I'm thinkin' Koi ? Goldfish? What kind of plants? Geez I thought this was going to be the easy part.But now....I have people.Thanks for your encouragement.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chmotz! Sounds like an interesting project, I look forward to seeing some pictures :)

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and that sounds like a great idea for a pond .Every waterfall you have will add more oxygen to the water and hope you can post pics .You have a lot of work ahead .Hope your up to it .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Well lets see...........Koi are big and beautiful and become quite friendly. They make more of a mess than Goldfish. They like to rip through plants and rearrange the furniture big time. They eat way more than Goldfish so of course poo more. They aren't as hardy as Goldfish and they cost much more. Goldfish come in very pretty colors and don't take up so much room and you can have more of them as they don't get as big as Koi usually. You can choose Shubunkins that look like some Koi almost. They don't mess w/ the plants as bad and they are quite hardy. So as you can prolly tell I have Goldfish and Shubunkins but then hey you can have some of each if you like. No law against that,lol!
And plants are great for the pond as they suck up a lot of the excess nutrients in the water and some provide oxygen and they look very nice and natural in a pond as you can see in a lot of peeps ponds here.

Ask a Question