Newbie to pond building seeks wise counsel

Reaction score
Wow jason081180, its deja vu all over again. Nicely rendered drawings. A few people on this forum & another pointed out the risk of a pond in the front yard, what with neighbourhood kids & postmen etc. falling in. Are you going to fence it off, or do you feel your not at risk?

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
You have been doing your home work, getting ready
A few of the things that my family and friends like about my pond is sitting bye it ,hearing the water , feeding the fish , and just relaxing having a drink .
It will look great at the front door ..but i dont think you will have that relaxed feeling
Its just my opinion

Reaction score
Matak is right, we just went through this pond on the front of the house as a liability in terms of mischievious kids doing something, etc.

I really don't see the value of the fence here--because then you will literally have to stand right over the fence to see the pond. The fence will block your view. I'll say it again, in my opinion ponds just don't belong in these little sliver spots between a walkway and a garage. And we haven't even mentioned the water runoff from a rainstorm coming off of an asphalt roof above--not good for fish and water plants.

I agree 100% with DrCase. If you want a water feature here, try one of them attractive foutains or one of them rocks with a hole drilled through the middle with water trickling out. Put a pond in your backyward where you can safely enjoy it and make it large enough.

Reaction score
I think that an exception to the above comments would be what Undertaker (sp?) is doing in his front yard. His setup looks like it would be too difficult for kids to venture into, what with the sloping grade of the front and the picket fence.

DrCase

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
jason were ever you put it were here to help and we will

Ask a Question