j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You have to tire them out w/a strenuous play till you see their tongue hanging out panting. That's what the cat guy on tv say anyways.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
We had another big breakthrough today and hilarious to watch too :LOL:
Jack decided tthat hey you know what , it's ok to play with this little grey bundle of fun and proceeded to do just that , there was Betty boucing all over him then she would jump off and he would make his favorite move in that he would innocently roll towards her then tease her with his paw and the fun would be off all over again (jack normally trys this move to capture my feet :cat:
Now they are best of buddy's .:cool:

Dave

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Sounds like Betty has become one of the gang now. They will have lots of fun together and sometimes at your expense perhaps. All of them can attack your feet together now :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
At the moment theres a little ldy playing with the chan I have connected to my wallet lol , shes already killed off one of Vals succulents (mind it was on its way out ):LOL: but I've had to vacuum all the bits up shes bitten off and left on the floor .
However shes really starting to fir in now though Pepsi still has the odd hiss at her still .

Dave

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Yep when mine were young the plants suffered. One plant they bit into made them foam at the mouth. They don't mess w/that one anymore!

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
My chihuahuas love the empty toilet paper rolls ,play and play with them until there is nothing left .But I made a mistake when I went to Sam's club to buy supplies and bought the toilet paper with out the rolls inside .I didn't look at the package and now they will have to wait for the 24 rolls to go and that will be a long time .I even asked my sisters to save there rolls .Sad when you have to beg for toilet paper rolls .I love cats but would be afraid to have one here .If it got out with the dogs it could get lost in the woods or a fox would get it .

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Congrats, and thank you for taking in a rescue!! I love the updates! (@Dave 54 check out my FB photo album called "CAUGHT IN THE ACT.").

We love our kitties, and they are so intertaining! We'll often just stop what we're doing (or pause a show) to watch their antics.

This is "Scout," our youngest -- his first Christmas with us, 2 years ago. I was driving on the on-ramp to the Interstate and saw him on the side of the road. I circled around and pulled over, amid all the traffic. When I got out of the car and called, he immediately ran to me an jumped in my arms -- obviously not feral! This was in June, and Phillip was at his first job, working at Boy Scout camp -- thus the name, "Scout." The vet estimated he was about 7 weeks old. A look at those paws will let you know he's got big-kitty genes!
image.jpg

Of our 5, 3 are rescues and 2 are Tonkinese. We love 'em, every one! And yes, the 2 pedigreed beasties do have more predictable purrsonalities, but.....
"A cat's a cat, and that's that!"

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
All of our cats are rescues Maggie Pepsi was free to a good home , Jack was from the cat protection people as is Betty .:cat:
I'm happy to remport things are now back to normal our two adult cats have dome us proud indeed , I was watching Jack and Betty playing this morning , she would pounce and run off , then he would chase after her she would stop dive at him and they would rough and tumble , Jack is a big lad but hes so gentle with her (personally I think he can still just recall his kitten days .
Shes now responding to her name and thinks it fun to bounce off us both in bed anotherr thing shes done that Val told me was to go onto the pillow and tap Vals head and should I move my toes they are fare game as well all in all we are very happy with her progress:happy:

Dave

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
All my cats were rescues and owned 8 cats when I was growing up ,you need them living on a farm .My cats were pussy galore and sylvester purrbody .Both were long haired cats .Also had a ferret and a pet skunk and a chihuahua that grew up all together and when they got to playing you stood still or you might step on one flying by .Those were all after I got married .Cats lived to be 20 years old and my chihuahua lived to be 19 years old .Then after that my son brought 3 big dogs home he rescued and he bought a house and moved out and I got the dogs .Now have king Arthur (Pitbull ) and 2 chihuahuas

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
All my critters are rescues, 4 cats and now 3 dogs. The latest dog my son brought home a month ago came from a hoarding situation. He is a cute little bugger but will be a long term project to work with.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Snoozer our male cat came from a hoarder direct we had to nurse him through a bad reaction to the cat flu inoculation for days he had green gunge coming out of his eyes and nose but hes a special guy we call him Jack .
His tail is deformed probably through in breeding and the tip grows not at the end of his tail but slightly underneath , it has no feeling and makes it look as if he has two tails he is one of the best males weve ever kept for brains.
The horder had over 15 cats in her small flat its sad when this type of thing happens and I cannot see why it happens but it must be a deep seated need because it happens time after time ,

Dave

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
My two kitties were rescued from a barn garage sale almost 14yrs ago. Five little black bundles of fur sitting on a chair all huddled together. They lost their mama the lady said.........she just never came home one night. The babies were only about 5 wks old. I wanted one but hubby said no we don't need anymore. We had 2 rescue cats already. One stray came to our new home w/us when we moved and one feral that lived outside. So as we were forlornly driving away from the garage sale leaving all the kittens behind I said "oh that is just really too bad we couldn't get a kitty cuz I could have gotten 2 of them and they could grow up together and play and cuddle together w/me, yada, yada, yada.............oh yes it sure would have been nice"...............so then out of the blue he makes a U-turn and heads back the other way. I said what are you doing? He says I'm giving in to you! So we went back and I picked out 2 and took them home. I asked why would you change your mind like that when at 1st you didn't even want any and then I say I would have liked two and back we go? He just shook his head and said "I really don't know..........you just have your way of getting to me bug...............he calls me bug sometimes,lol!
The poor 2 little kitties I named Spooky and Boo (all black) both girls. They were so full of fleas it was sickening! I gave them both a bath and the bathroom sink filled up w/ red bloody water. The bites on them from the fleas were horrible. I remembered the ladies last name from her mailbox and looked it up in the phone book and found her # and called her to tell her how bad the fleas were and suggested that she immediately bathe the other kittens she still had left and treat them w/flea stuff before they died. Fleas can actually deplete a small animal and kill it. She said she had no idea and said she would fix them up right away. I sure hope she did.
My cats are both spoiled rotten now living here happily w/us. We lost the feral cat to old age a couple yrs ago. She must have been 20yrs old or more. The other stray decided he liked the neighbors house so he lived out his life over there where he was loved till he finally went to pet Heaven also.
My 2 now still act like kittens running around like crazy all through the yard and house.............sometimes driving my poor hubby nuts. I can tell he likes them tho cuz he picks them up and puts them in his lap every now and then and they love it!
Here's a really old fuzzy picture when we first got them.

Spooky and Boo babies 3.jpg

Now look at them:

IMG_3796.JPG

tbendl

T
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
That is an awesome story j.w! We got our rescue after losing a puppy. My daughter walked into the shelter and Calvin literally threw himself in her lap. Started purring and rubbing on her. It was love at first site. I tried to get his brother Hobbes but the Hubby wasn't having it. I still wish we had gotten them both.

Ask a Question