PC has finally flipped out using laptop

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Danm and blast it appears my PC is in need of our IT man asap the muse is totally frozen so I think that fan has finally given up the ghost .
So for the time being itsdown to the laptop to do its bit trouble is though i'm going to have hundereds of emais to clear because the lap top has a seperate express to our main computer oh boy

Dave

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
This mouse touch pad is taking a bit f getting used too :(
I want my tracker blal back thankfully our IT man Jon has said ealy next week to fix the PC then we can put the laptop back in its case for use on the pond

Dave

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Can't you plug a regular mouse into your laptop .I use a wireless one for mine .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
I do that too sissy w/ a little Acer netbook I have. Just buy a cheap keyboard and or laptop(I bought a wireless of both at Costco) and plug it in and all is good. Hope you get your other one fixed soon Dave.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I hate those touch things they are just a pain .Sometimes you can use your mouse from your puter if you have the right sized port .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Our IT man Jon will be over on Tuesday of next week to fix the PC thankfully a shorter period of time than we first thought .
He has a new fan and is going to strip the tower giving it a good clean as well .

Dave

Reaction score
Dave,

I definitely enjoy my laptops/notebooks. But, I am with you on the built-in "mouse pad". I really don't like them. I suppose a person would get used to them over time if they did spend enough time with them, but I just opted for the old fashioned USB mouse and keyboard. I have a wireless mouse and keyboard connected to one laptop, that is great! But, I will recommend going into the system menu and disabling the touch pad if you use any external mouse and keyboard. Otherwise the mouse pad causes your cursor to jump randomly all over your PC and annoy the heck out of you when typing. Mentioned that in another thread recently. What an improvement!

Gordy

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I like the touch pad, a lot easier on my hands which hurt with too much mouse use, my thumb does not like gripping for any length of time, old injury. This new lappy the touch pad works perfectly, no jumping around issues, or random problems.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United Kingdom
Many thanx Gordy , addy the mouse I use you dont grip its moulded to take the shape of your hand which just rests on it, the tracker ball is much kinder on your thumb as I've found out since arthritis has set into my hands .
God I dont like this getting od buisiness but oh the follies of youth , I should have treated my body with more respect (military life and what is now termed extrenme sports) .
I dont know these youngsters they think they invented it :banghead3: .
I feel sorry for those kids that go about busting themslves up kjust for the camera , give them a few more years and the dan=mge will come home to roost mark my words .
Just look at the lack of action from Steven Segal on his fillms nowadays and I've noticed Jean Claud Vandame is reduced to beer adverts nowadays and is looking much the worst for wear....

Dave

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I hate it when I go out and all you see is people texting and not interacting with the outside world .People wake up you have a voice and eyes and ears use them to see and be part of the world .That's why I have a cell phone that is used only for emergencies .I like to talk to people and see my world .

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
The phone in the ear thing always gets me but I'm getting better at figuring out who is talking to me or someone on their phone. Never texted in my life and prolly never will.

HARO

Pondcrastinator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
Canada
I HATE that BLUE EAR thing, or whatever it's called! It's happened to me about a dozen times now..... someone will start talking behind me, and I'll answer before seeing that the idiot is on his/her Blue Moon thingy!!! :censored: Are these morons REALLY so important that they have to be 'connected' every minute of the day? Where I come from we called them "the village idiot"!
John
Sorry, got to go check my blood pressure! :banghead3:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Even when I was working phone calls on cell phones were for emergency only or work related .If it rang at home it meant work was calling and if it rang at work it would scare me thinking something happened at home .After cell phones came IU could not hide from my bosses .DARN THINGS :grumble:

Ask a Question