sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
wow those are some nice looking pics and the best one is the fishing poles minus fishermen LOL .We have alot of those kind of clams and I read where some fresh water clams help to keep ponds clean just like the snails do .I love the pics of the mist over the ponds.That clam in your hand is huge and love the little froggie .those are really nice pics also you captured a lot on them .

Reaction score
Your crushed granite look has a lot smaller particles than the pea gravel I used, it may clog up if used in a bog, but I have never used it so no real personal knowledge of how it would work out.

tnx addy, ill search for some more versions of gravel. Since i have to buy gravel to build concrete collar maybe ill just use whatever i buy for collar.

Reaction score
That clam in your hand is huge and love the little froggie .

This froggie i found in my tubpond

IMG_6631.JPG

Funny thing is , that tubpond is 10ft above ground. So i dont really know how it got there. Maybe like an egg on feets of some bird...

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Love the stripe down its back, neat looking frog

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Awwwwwwwwwwww, that's a cute frog! Frogs can climb w/ their sticky little froggie feet.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We have frogs with suction feet and the climb up and down the post on my porch and the siding on my house .That frog you took a pic of looks like he's saying what you never saw a frog before LOL

Reaction score
I got to clean terrace with pond today so i took picture (overcooked, stuck on 1600iso) of this virgin snow

IMG_9237.JPG

I have some wood boards and think gonna use them on this tub pond in spring. I was thinking about putting vertically about 4 inch wide boards with 1 inch space, on sides of pond and maybe edge too from upper side.

About new pond... would it be good to get rid of upper shelve (the one for plants for shallow water)? Without it, liner would much nicer form on sides and junk woudnt collect on shelves. Instead sitting on shelves, baskets for plants would hang held by non corrosive wire which would be fastened or anchered (sp?) to outer side of conrete collar.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You fish would have more water room. The other thing you can do is put your plants onto crates, you can get them to the level you want the plant at and move around to clean if need be.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
Wow thats a lot of snow and a great pic of it ,but sure glad I don't have it .

Reaction score
The other thing you can do is put your plants onto crates, you can get them to the level you want the plant at and move around to clean if need be.

Hm, it doesnt seem practical. It would be too tall, maybe unstable and would still collect junk around crates. And prior to cleaning, those crates should be moved which could be ankward.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
True, I just slide my lily pots around. Any plants that are hard to move stay put and the pond gets the end of season and start of season cleaning in that spot then. OW I just don't worry about that little bit of muck that might collect.

Reaction score
Does anyone have his picture of bottom drain which i can use in article about drains for a local aquarium forum? (im member of editorial team)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
ppl 36 with a frog enjoying the warmth, nice texture, you can walk on it without slipping.

DSC00174.jpg

Being installed for the water fall.

DSC00204.jpg

small piece of epdm being used on my deck pond, ran out of ppl

DSC02011.jpg

Ask a Question