Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
After several days of cleaning up the mess from the washouts and not finding anymore survivors I have decided on what my course of action will be moving forward. I am not going to bring the two ponds back up but rather build one large and safer one instead. It will be about 8,000 gallons and I am already pouring a water break in case of another flood. Also there will be a 16" wall surrounding the pond with drains and sump pumps in case of heave rain or if they get topped by a flow of water. I am upgrading the high-low water alarms and I am going to put a plan in place to transfer my koi into one of the turtle rescue builds rapidly should another event take place. Once I break ground I will probably upload progress pictures.
PS: This pond will be a common area for koi & turtles both.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi @Marshall . Do you have photos of what your pond look(ed) like? I've seen several threads on this disaster, but I'm having no luck picturing what the design was in the first place.

Marshall

Turtle Keeper + CPL(H)
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 7b
Country
United States
Hi @Marshall . Do you have photos of what your pond look(ed) like? I've seen several threads on this disaster, but I'm having no luck picturing what the design was in the first place.
They were both the same design with the exception being the second one had no high barrier because it did not house turtles. I will dig up some more photos when I get back home to the main server.
11822463_1634941506762849_3600540156422157668_n.jpg

Ask a Question