sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
If it is a small leak it will get bigger over winter .Have you tried a clamp or silicon or that fish tank repair stuff ,I know addy uses pl roofing goop .It never gets hard and cracks ,I used it in a crack in my black top driveway 2 years ago and it is still looking good

DMB21

Matt
Reaction score
That's what I figured -- small now, big soon enough. This isn't a leak that's fixable by a clamp. It's not where tube meets tube, but rather tube enters pvc liner. I'll give the roofing goop a try! Thanks :)

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
My fav stuff, I have even fixed a hole put into my 1000 gallon stock tank with it. piece of liner outside, goop, piece of liner inside, done no leak

DMB21

Matt
Reaction score
Well, I wasn't able to fix the leak. Can't figure it out for the life of me. But what I did was add a piece of pond liner under the spillway. I folded the edges upward and put a rock at the back to give it a slow toward the pond. It's not the perfect solution, but for now, I'm happy. I'll tinker with it more later this summer after I get more projects done.

I took time this morning to pick out a few plants -- the only one of which I remember is water lettuce. Two of the plants I bought are annuals and two are perennials. The fifth was left with the ponds by the previous owner of the house. Strangely enough, I've had it out of water for about a month and it was still alive -- so I put it in. Does anyone have any recommendations for cheap online sources for pond plants?

Anyway, here are my updated photos:

med_gallery_5849_400_96146.jpg
med_gallery_5849_400_41936.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
YEY! I like the look of the rock wall :) great job!

The water didnt come out too hard as I thought, so that's great too. Now you just need fish :D

DMB21

Matt
Reaction score
It's coming out slower than I would like, but I'm thrilled, none-the-less. I actually have a rock in front of the end of the tubing because the water literally sprays hard enough to shoot out over the pond and into the grass in front. The rocks on top would prevent that, but I'd be losing alot of water, so the small rock in front acts as a diverter and allows the water to flow better. Still can't figure out that leak though -- I have NO idea where it is even coming from. I have a pond liner under the spillway to (hopefully) collect and divert any leaked water back into the pond, but there was a decent amount of water flowing on the rocks before this liner and I'm not seeing any of it now -- which leads me to believe it's found a different path to the ground and not into my pond.

Thanks for the compliments on the rock wall! I had the downspout and extension to cover, as well as the electrical, so it needed to be high, and I wanted to extend it over to the higher ground to make a nicer transition. It turned out better than I had hoped!

One question: the tubing and electrical cord running from the pump prevent me from placing the pump in the middle of the pond. As a result, it lies about 1 foot out from the waterfall. Will that create enough water turnover for the pond?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I dont know about your questions, mine has the same problem if I want it to look nice, only have 6 ft of cord, b ut i drgaged it out to the middle, giving it a littl more space to cover but the cord stuck out bad. But I still see the water surface circle.. I had to periodicly stire the water at the far side to clean the mug, but that's not hard to do.

lol at the water shooting out so hard comment :) that's more like what i imagined :)

DMB21

Matt
Reaction score
Doing really well, so far. I still have the small hole in the tubing -- can't figure that one out for the life of me. That said, I've placed a pond liner under it and angled it toward the pond so any leakage stays contained. I had some major pH issues, but am on my third water treatment since last Wednesday and my water has cleared up significantly and looks much better. All 10 goldfish remain alive and are very active/healthy looking. All plants are doing well, too.

Thanks for asking, and thanks for all the help!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
pH too low? people on here suggested crushed oyster shell to raise pH slowly and it'll keep the pH level in your pond. If too high, I heard only water change can help :(

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
just buy the one that they feed the chicken with. Amazon.com has them.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:52798]
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:52796] acurel I get at pet mountain. com and buy it when they have free shipping at 49 dollars which they have right now

Ask a Question