addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol I am one that can not recall............a person, plant anything name horrible at recalling. You are right that is butterfly weed, my bee balm is just now blooming.
The bees love the butterfly weed, don't see them attacking the bee balm yet................

DSC07280.JPG

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
This cute little bunny sat and groomed itself about 4 feet from where I was standing, it could care less if I was there. Enjoyed rolling on the gravel.

DSC07302.JPG
DSC07296.JPG

more flowers opening all of the time.
DSC07304.JPG
DSC07303.JPG
DSC07293.JPG
DSC07292.JPG
DSC07291.JPG
DSC07290.JPG
DSC07288.JPG
DSC07287.JPG
DSC07286.JPG

pickerel
DSC07305.JPG

This cone flower opens, orange and flat, ends up red with a skirt of petals

DSC07295.JPG
DSC07294.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
WOW! I love the red hot poker flower, or whatever it's called. I'm just going to have to suck it up and buy at least a plant this year. Maybe I can find some on clearance, but the only place I've seen them is the landscape place by me, and they never have those types go on sale. Well, maybe they have like 10% off perennials, so I'll have to see if they have any left and get a couple! And, that coneflower that changes colors is gorgeous! I'm still soooo jealous of your carnivorous garden. Someday .... ;-)
And, don't even get me started about memory ... mine is awful, but I tend to remember fish, and animals, and flowers! Your bunny is adorable, can't imagine having one so tame like yours is. Just goes to show, when they are never threatened, they learn to deal with humans. Way to go!

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They are spreading well, if you remind me I could send you some tubers in the fall. I was surprised to see honey bees crawl up the flower tube.

fishin4cars

True friends just call me Larkin
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
This is a new lily I picked up off ebay last year, 10 bucks, the tuber was TINY! This is its first bloom

View attachment 71773 View attachment 71774 View attachment 71775 View attachment 71776
That's Wanvisa. three or four years ago when it was first being released to the public they sold for $100 or a little less per start. It's been found they are VERY prolific so prices have dropped considerably. BY FAR, one of my favorite hardy lily's. Even the leaf color is quite unique.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It is beautiful, when I got the tuber in the fall, it was so darn tiny, like a silver dollar with a few roots. I just stuck it in kitty litter put a rock on the roots to hold it in and waited for spring.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yes I do, I try to feed them once a day or so. BUT quite often go for days without feeding and if they are chasing like crazy I feed less so they will eat their eggs. There is a lot of food in that pond for them.
I don't have anybody feeding while we are gone out of town, my neighbor knows where the food is hanging in the tree, but she tends to not feed them.
They must get plenty of food, they grow like weeds

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
2a
Country
Canada
Ok, thanks.
I maybe feed my fish once per week.
They always look well fed and sometimes I wonder if I need to feed them at all.
There's always lots of bugs and algae/plant matter for them to eat naturally.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Last summer I think I fed them maybe once a month, this summer I have averaged maybe twice a week, always plan to do better, even put food down by the pond. I had some lil shubbies I have been trying to get bigger so figured I would feed them. BUT have not been good about it.

Previous ponds, the fish have quite often gotten no food and still grew and had babies.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Addy, I am feeding mine about twice a day, but only give mine flake food so I don't think it's much of a meal! Whatever I give them is gone in just a few minutes and they act like they haven't eaten in a week.

Ask a Question