addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
lol I feed mine pellet food made for koi, inhaled pretty darn fast when I do remember to feed them. I have been doing better with the food down by the pond instead of kept in the house. Bought a small metal pail with a locking lid to keep the critters out and hung it in a tree near the pond.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I was thinking of getting some small pellet food made by Blackwater Creek. I usually buy whatever I find at Petsmart or Petco and typically get Tetra Flakes. I never get the ones with algae because it seems pretty silly to get that as an additive because there is plenty of algae in the pond for them already. . It seems like my fish are very slow growing compared to what other people are saying, but's it is probably a good thing otherwise my pond would be quickly overcrowded .... but still tempted to get something to help them grow faster. Oh, and my tiny tiny tadpoles are alive and well. I don't have a lot of them but I finally saw some wriggling around for the first time the other day. Right now I have them outside in 5 gallon buckets and am trying to decide if I want to bring them in or not.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Neat about the tads.

Mine get the pellets, simply because I got a great deal on some high dollar koi food, with my pond by the time I tossed in the flakes bet the fish would not be able to find them, tons of plants, lots of water movement. Pellets head to the water fall and are rotated up and down in the water, fun to watch the fish chase them as they move.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You want to bring your tads in the house to watch them grow Keith? Better put a lid on whatever you put them in. I remember when I was a kid I had some growing in an aquarium w/o a lid and one day they all disappeared. I had an open window by the aquarium but somehow I still wonder if my mom didn't have my dad secretly get rid of them one night. She was scared of stuff like that :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I feed my goldies and koi pellet food, small in size, and the tiny fantails I had seemed to not be able to put a whole piece in their mouths, so I would break them up and they appreciated that. My koi are not growing very much either, but I think it's size of pond vs. number of fish that has as much or more to do with it than the food. I have too many fish, but it's sooooo hard to decide on selling or giving away any of them. Goldfish are growing more than the koi it seems, so it was probably a good thing I had that huge kill last year. Still over 25 fish in the goldfish pond. I'd rather the fish not get huge myself, I prefer them to stay small. :)

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Updated pictures, everything is in bloom, just love it.

DSC07367.JPG
DSC07366.JPG
DSC07351.JPG
DSC07349.JPG
DSC07346.JPG
DSC07345.JPG
DSC07344.JPG
DSC07341.JPG
DSC07337.JPG
DSC07336.JPG
DSC07335.JPG
DSC07333.JPG
DSC07332.JPG
DSC07330.JPG
DSC07329.JPG
DSC07316.JPG
DSC07313.JPG
DSC07312.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
You are back in Heaven now to all your beautiful blooms and Missy looks puzzled............like what did I do?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
She is so fast and tiny we could not take the chance she would get out a door as they came and went. She has never been trapped in a room and could not figure out what she did wrong.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have not had time to get pictures, but the hibiscus caught my attention. In full bloom, the tall one, 7 feet is form a seed from Larkin, it was not supposed to survive our really cold winter, but it did and is blooming now.

DSC07388.JPG
DSC07387.JPG
DSC07374.JPG
DSC07381.JPG
DSC07389.JPG

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
That's so neat they survived and so pretty among all the other pretties there!

Ask a Question