water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
DrDave said:
I admire your tenacity. This is going to be amazing once finished. Making it look natural is going to be fun and challenging but I can see you are up to it.

Thanks for your vote of confidence DrDave.

I would love some suggestions on the drops the stream has, around 3 feet of dirt changing levels. Trying to figure out how to stack the rock to cover the liner.

This is the first long and steep drop.View attachment 3246

View attachment 3250

Here is a shot with the first drop and the second drop, both 2-3 feet longView attachment 3248

At this time thinking I need to start at the bottom of the drop with large rocks and slowly stack them heading up the stream, with rocks going out into the dirt on both sides, to make it look like the water is falling over a rock cliff. If that makes any sense.View attachment 3249

Wish putting rocks down was as easy as photo shop!

It is horrible hot here, breaking heat records, 100 not counting heat index ie humidity. This is going to be a slowly done project. And this is coming from someone that has lived in arizona desert for 38 years!

Attachments

• DSC01157a.jpg
    DSC01157a.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 1,066
  • DSC01159a.jpg
    DSC01159a.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 1,152
  • DSC01158b.jpg
    DSC01158b.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 1,240
  • DSC01158a.jpg
    DSC01158a.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 1,125

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
DrDave said:
I admire your tenacity. This is going to be amazing once finished. Making it look natural is going to be fun and challenging but I can see you are up to it.

Thanks for your vote of confidence DrDave.

I would love some suggestions on the drops the stream has, around 3 feet of dirt changing levels. Trying to figure out how to stack the rock to cover the liner.

This is the first long and steep drop.View attachment 3246

View attachment 3250

Here is a shot with the first drop and the second drop, both 2-3 feet longView attachment 3248

At this time thinking I need to start at the bottom of the drop with large rocks and slowly stack them heading up the stream, with rocks going out into the dirt on both sides, to make it look like the water is falling over a rock cliff. If that makes any sense.View attachment 3249

Wish putting rocks down was as easy as photo shop!

It is horrible hot here, breaking heat records, 100 not counting heat index ie humidity. This is going to be a slowly done project. And this is coming from someone that has lived in arizona desert for 38 years!

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
To be honest with you, I think a professional is your best bet. They will bring in what you may not have to do it right.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
To be honest with you, I think a professional is your best bet. They will bring in what you may not have to do it right.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
DrDave said:

Well, humm, I am the professional here, lol, and it will look right when I am done, but the first step is the hardest.

Just thinking it out, seeing if anybody has any wonderful ideas.

No work until this heat wave ends, except early early am.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
DrDave said:

Well, humm, I am the professional here, lol, and it will look right when I am done, but the first step is the hardest.

Just thinking it out, seeing if anybody has any wonderful ideas.

No work until this heat wave ends, except early early am.

becky@sparkling-koi-ponds

Becky@Sparkling-Koi-Ponds
Reaction score
I love seeing your progress...and the Kubota. Keep the pictures coming, but stay out the heat.

I think your idea of starting at the bottom of the stream and stacking back upstream would work. I would probably use some mortar though to keep the rocks from tumbling back down or getting dislodged somehow. You can always hide the mortar with smaller rocks.

becky@sparkling-koi-ponds

Becky@Sparkling-Koi-Ponds
Reaction score
I love seeing your progress...and the Kubota. Keep the pictures coming, but stay out the heat.

I think your idea of starting at the bottom of the stream and stacking back upstream would work. I would probably use some mortar though to keep the rocks from tumbling back down or getting dislodged somehow. You can always hide the mortar with smaller rocks.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yep build bottom up, adjust the top to fit the bottom. I only have two really "bad" areas, to drop the stream in level have 2-3 ft drops that i need to figure out. Thinking of a broken old stone wall look with the water coming thru it. The rest is messing with. But this heat sucks, we hit 102 with heat factor and I don't do well over 80, so in the house i sit.
Think i will do the bog wall as a old stone wall with a waterfall into the pond.

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Yep build bottom up, adjust the top to fit the bottom. I only have two really "bad" areas, to drop the stream in level have 2-3 ft drops that i need to figure out. Thinking of a broken old stone wall look with the water coming thru it. The rest is messing with. But this heat sucks, we hit 102 with heat factor and I don't do well over 80, so in the house i sit.
Think i will do the bog wall as a old stone wall with a waterfall into the pond.

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
I havn't seen one shovel,no fair haha looks great....... I don't do well over 80 either.....I try to shade in and out

digginponds

pondaholic
Reaction score
I havn't seen one shovel,no fair haha looks great....... I don't do well over 80 either.....I try to shade in and out

Ask a Question