j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Very nice, love your whole project and you have gorgeous property. Now we can appreciate what you have done much more clearly w/ the larger pix :cool:

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Good job, and the pictures are a lot easier to see! Beautiful set up. With a good filter and some plants you should be able to get the green water going away.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I just adore ranches easy living in the and thats why I built a ranch to retire to more mobility in them .The thing I like most about yours is the center fireplace ,warms the whole house .Still can't believe that so new looks like it has been there for years .Morning sun is the best much cooler then .So we know your water is not green because of to much sun and you have string algae .So that means they are getting plenty of nutrients from something .I can see you have some pretty tall plants in there and they look healthy .

Reaction score
Me and Anne spent yesterday afternoon walking a creek in a buddy of mine's cow pasture. we got enough rock to cover up the wood border on the southern side of the pond. The west border faces the patio and will stay unrocked but hopeing to get enough rock out of Stan's creek to cover the east border that faces the house and more for my waterfall "mountain". It's hard, hard work but it makes the pond look more natural I think.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 372
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 396
Reaction score
Here is a couple pics of the pond viewing area between the pond and the patio. I was going to make a small raised deck there but Anne talked me into useing flagstone. I like the flagstone much better-more natural, I married a smart girl all those years ago, lol.

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 367
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 373
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
I totally agree with your wife with the curves and flagstone. You've done an outstanding job on your pond. I also would have thought it had been there for years. Very pretty landscaping done around it already. Thanks so much for sharing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Hey, Sheetmetalman, since you live so close to where I live, I'd love to come see you and your wife's new pond, and you're welcome to come see my new one as well! And, I wanted to let you know that I just realized I have water primrose growing in my farm pond, and if you'd like any, you could come and get all you want. I put some in my pond, it has lots of roots, doesn't really seem to be growing in the dirt in the farm pond. Not sure how it will winter, but it obviously grows well out there. Anyhow, wanted to extend the offer for some free plants, if you're interested. Give you and your wife an excuse to make the drive over, or if you're in this area sometime, just let me know. Always happy to show off the pond and koi/goldfish, bullfrogs, etc. :) The offer goes to anyone else that would like some. I'd be happy to ship them (anyone have pointers on how to ship plants?) if you pay the shipping. I have TONS of it! Oh, and the person who has it on Ebay says it's hardy to Zone 6 (I'm Zone 5) and says to put it below the freeze line, so I guess you would put it in a pot of soil, or maybe in a mesh back sunk to the bottom. I'm going to try both ways this winter, if I remember. LOL If not, I'll just get some new shoots in the spring. :)

Reaction score
Thanks everybody for the nice comments on the Pond, and Patio,-- and Country Escape we will sure take you up on comming and looking at your pond and the free plants--with all the string algae growing in ours it sounds like were gonna need them, lol. I like the looks of your pond also and especially the elevated deck seating area beside it.When you have time and want to come this way just send an email to (e-mail address removed) and I will give you our address and phone number, thanks, Tim & Anne

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Tim and Anne, here are some pics of the Water Primrose that I have oodles of in my farm pond.View attachment 7200

View attachment 7201
It seems to be totally floating on the pond, not really attached in the mud, so I'm assuming it will winter over on top, and that's how I will do it. We'll see! If not, at least you are close enough to come get some more in the spring, too. :) I just pull it to the sides and put it over the ledge, and it stays put, unlike the hyacinth which has to be "tethered" in a floating ring to keep it out of the skimmer. LOL
Same with you, Tim, if you'll be in the Altamont area (I'm south), just shoot me an e-mail and let me know and I'll give you phone number and/or directions.

Attachments

• plants from farm pond.JPG
    plants from farm pond.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 250
  • plants from my farm pond.jpg
    plants from my farm pond.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 279

koiguy1969

GIGGETY-GIGGETY!!
Reaction score
THE POND LOOKS GOOD...the PVC lattice is quite a good idea as a filter bottom grid...wouldnt want to pay for a sheet just for that tho, lol. kind of pricey.

Reaction score
I thought it would hold up better than the flimsy little light grid that they used on the skippy website. As for the price I was lucky a store here quit carrying it and had 1 sheet left that they sold me for 20 bucks

Ask a Question