Pond in the planning

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello everyone. Planning a large scale swim pond in the spring of 2021 and really hope to gather info throughout the winter so Im ready for the build. Pond will be around 30x50 feet plus the bog area. Planning on the bog to be raised above pond and have a water fall. My land is full of rock so hope to utilize that as well. looking forward to being part of the forum.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
1608860665240.gif
@DaveEb

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
welcome and guessng you will have to do lots of big planning .Remember with electric do dedicated circuits and try to do like my son did and put switchs inside the house so if anything goes wrong and weather is bad you can turn off what you want to .I know here a lot of large scale ponds some farm and some decorative ponds they use windmill power with big fountain pumps in the middle to aerate .Even farm ponds now rent out for people to take pictures .The one rents for graduation pics and bridal pics and over 8 years ago they built a bridge over the pond and my niece and nephew had their graduation pics taken there .You can see the pond at night with the lights and the fountain going ,looks fantastic

TheFishGuy

( Insert something funny )
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
4b or 5a
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum! I always find the dead of winter is the best time to start planning, that way when the ponding season comes around you’ve got everything sorted out and are ready to go!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Are you planning to build yourself? Or just plan and get ideas ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
I am guessing you've probably already been on YouTube? The Aquascape guys have some wonderful videos! Ed the Pond Professor, Greg Wittstock the Pond Guy, Team Aquascape -- these are just a few. There was also a tv show called The Pool Master with natural swim pond designer Antony Archer Wills. These are all great things to watch to help spark ideas and raise questions for more research. Happy planning!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Looks like they probably lost the post if not the forum as well

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi, I'm glad I found this post. I'm planning a pool in the new house, but can't decide on the size yet. But we have chosen what we will plant around it, the kids are very excited.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
@ALEX92BUR Start another thread, this one was started but it was abandoned make a new one for your self .

Mmathis

TurtleMommy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
@GBBUDD I’m beginning to get the impression that @ALEX92BUR is either a ghost, a troll, or someone who doesn’t understand how forums work. So far, every post has been to piggy-back onto another thread. He has even been invited to start a thread in “introductions.”

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I hear yea we will see... Wish some other posts were the same. But its life in America today.

Ask a Question