Pond is starting to look good.

Reaction score
I would love to plant bamboo but I hear it spreads like crazy?? Neighbors yard is right by the tank so I wouldn't want it to spread into their lawn but love the idea of having it as I would love to have a Japanese themed garden. Addy I love love Lowes and have to stay away because there are sooo many good deals that I "must"have,hubby says if you don't have a place for it your not buying so that has limited my buying...for now. Check out all these Hostas I got free and have since divided many many times..they got so tall this year,looking good.

Attachments

• IMG_7230.jpg
    IMG_7230.jpg
    164.7 KB · Views: 235
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
blessed your hostas look awesome! We just put a bunch in last year and this year they are just getting a good hold...hopefully next yr or the year after they will look like yours!!!

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Love the Hosta's just need to make sure to put out slug bait if you have slugs or snails back there in Indiana. We have lots of slugs here and if you don't keep up on the bait you end up w/ holy plants. Got a plant on death row from lowes the other day. It's just a dwarf lily for the garden. Was on sale for $2.48. It just hasn't any blooms on it and won't til next year but I can wait.

IMG_1803.jpg

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
blessedfamily said:
. Addy I love love Lowes and have to stay away because there are sooo many good deals that I "must"have,hubby says if you don't have a place for it your not buying so that has limited my buying...for now.

My honey says take the truck! when I head into town, lmao

Your hostas look better than mine, they are struggling we are having dry hot spells again. But they are just starting to bloom.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have the asiatic lilies planted them 2 years ago and they spread like crazy.They have gotten 5 feet high this year

Attachments

• house 2011 spring 026.jpg
    house 2011 spring 026.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 224
Reaction score
J.W your making me want to go to Lowes lol.. I got all my clematis and this bush that had no name on it (front plant not back)..I think using pond water to water it helped :twisted: The clematis took off like crazy after the first year..I am now on the hunt for "clumping" bamboo.

Attachments

• IMG_7243.jpg
    IMG_7243.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 220
Reaction score
That was the stray cat Mooch who unfortunately died a horrible death--got ran over by a car and then the city came to mow and ran him over with their mower :twisted: He had been hanging out here for a month or so and my family was getting attached,came home and see him in the road and so did my 8 year old daughter who was pretty upset..I had to go scrape him off the road :( Very sad

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
so sorry and your poor daughter a lose of a pet no matter what is hard to take .

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
We can get so attached can't we .I adore my dogs .One was a rescue from the animal shelter other was bought at hillsville flea market for 50 dollars and applehead chihuahua

Reaction score
Here is a better picture of my Lowes bush while flowering along with some pond pics from today.

Attachments

• IMG_7401.jpg
    IMG_7401.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_7396.jpg
    IMG_7396.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 198
  • IMG_7397.jpg
    IMG_7397.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 194

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
what is that first plant on the top you said first plant had no name but now I only see one plant

Ask a Question