Pond is starting to look good.

Reaction score
I have thought about that Addy..recently purchased a used waterfall and skimmer box--way bigger than what I currently have but it was a great deal(100.00 for both)..I would love to have a stream go through my whole yard,around garden beds that are not yet there lol..it's all in my head and looks great,now I need time and money :lol: Here is a pic of my newish waterfall and skimmer.

Attachments

• IMG_7393.jpg
    IMG_7393.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 234

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Good deal Amber..........now get busy digging..........you can't let those ideas set idle in your head now can ya...........you might start growing algae in there :lol:

Reaction score
I am waiting on my money tree to grow..all this rain I thought for sure I would have money growing..but nope :lol: I really need you to come landscape my backyard for me J.W....

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Too bad you don't live nearer to me or I would. You feel like moving to Washington? Now talk about rain..........we have it all year here. And no I'm not moving to Indiana........too hot for me :lol:

Reaction score
Hmm your not moving,I'm not moving this isn't good for me lol..I guess I am afraid of jumping right in,placing things where they maybe shouldn't go and doing it all over again because that is what I do often(musical plants/trees). I am no good at drawing so I don't even attempt to lay anything on paper but I thought about taking a picture and adding plants/trees from computer/magazines maybe? Think that will work? I have this ugly propane tank to hide and dogs that won't stop digging holes in my yard grrr..love them but want to strangle sometimes.

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Our 2 upright propane tanks face the road and I try to hide them with Yew trees cuz they are easily pruned anyway you like and they don't care when you do it. Mine don't hide the whole view of the tanks cuz the guy has to be able to get in there to fill them and the one on the left is doing better than the right one. So looking straight on you can see them but from the side they are pretty hidden. Yours is a low type one so you could plant stuff low around them so the guy can reach over or maybe make a little path to the parts he needs to get to.

IMG_1814.jpg

IMG_1816.jpg

IMG_1815.jpg

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Amber I have looked at others gardening ideas and on the net and everywhere and put plants where I did not like them and then moved them. I think lots of people do that till they finally like it. I listen to the radio garden guys and t.v shows etc. Lots of info out there. Magazines are fine and if you want to copy them exactly just do it, as that is how you learn. One day you might decide you can do it all on your own. It just gets easier as ya go. And from the pix that you have posted your property looks very nice. Weeding is the part I don't like much so I try to use mulch from our brush/tree/bark chipper to keep them down.............haven't done it lately and weeds are getting the best of me w/ all the rain :rolleyes:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
plus remember some plants don't take well to a certain area wether it's the soil or just the amount of sun or shade

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Thank you okiee and yes that is a hosta. I have tons of them and they divide easily.

DrDave

Innovator
Reaction score
blessedfamily said:
Hmm your not moving,I'm not moving this isn't good for me lol..I guess I am afraid of jumping right in,placing things where they maybe shouldn't go and doing it all over again because that is what I do often(musical plants/trees). I am no good at drawing so I don't even attempt to lay anything on paper but I thought about taking a picture and adding plants/trees from computer/magazines maybe? Think that will work? I have this ugly propane tank to hide and dogs that won't stop digging holes in my yard grrr..love them but want to strangle sometimes.

Plant bamboo (clumping) there to hide the tank.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
black clumping bamboo would be pretty .But the plant is expensive since it is really new on the market

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I just hang out at nurseries, lowes and other places and grab plants from the near death rack. At lowes usually 25-50 cents for gallon plants. Then find a place to stick the lol.

You have a real neat organized yard jw, mine is a hummmmmmmmm how do you say this .... plants growing everywhere lol. But I have lots of land to plant and no one sees it but us lol. The front is more organized sort of.

Try lowes blessedfamily, you can plant a yard a lot cheaper.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
not sure how big the clumper is I saw it on a garden sight on the net doesn't say much about except that is still in it's testing stage to see how well it performs .

Ask a Question