sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well so far found 2 small leaks coming from folds in 2 different spots and found a 3rd but have to give up for awhile it just got to hot outside and sun is beating straight down on me and around 90 degrees time to stop and cool off .Funny thing is that 2 of them I guess came from moving my bridge over a foot and must have pushed the liner just a tad bit .One on each side of the bridge .I took one whole waterfall down and a small one there but that will wait until evening .Third one looks like something chewed a hole in the extra piece of liner under the filter tank and already have a piece of liner to replace it .I guess that leak was because of back flow from the stacked stone .

Reaction score
Sissy and Bucky i'm with you my lilies are not even blooming though..had one bloom a few weeks ago though.. I guess we are just not as lucky as Addy who seems to have a green thumb..no make that a green hand

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I have not even had one bloom but my four lotus i started are growing everyday .I see new leaves again today and darn fairy moss has taken over the stock tank .Pond leak was from some pebbles getting knocked into the folds and roots of the dust miller growing there grew right down into there and pushed the folds apart even farther.So going to have to take the dusty miller out of that side of the pond .I guess dusty was thirsty and decided the pond water was good to drink up .No wonder it got so big ,took out tangles of roots .

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I bought these 4 at Menards $5.95 each. Four flowers already (2 pink, 1 yellow, 1 red), probably 40 pads, another 6-8 bulbs below the surface ready to bloom in 3-4 days. I will post on Craigslist and c if anyone wants two of them. Do u think it would hurt if I cut some pads/stems back? Buckry, if u get down towards Indy any time soon or know anyone passing back through ur way from a trip, let me know and u can have them.

you can cut them back, pick yellowish, broken ones, try to leave the nice green ones.

SISSY

take a look at this

DSC03728-1.jpg
five buds

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
wow can't wait for mine to get bigger .I still have to go get a couple from my friends pond that I gave them .Probably just take one of the smaller ones .I have like 8 small leaves on the lotus I started .But lilies refuse to grow much .

pondlover

Life is good today!
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Sissy I'm glad you found the leaks in your pond. I guess that would be one of a ponders nightmares.
Addy your Lotus look huge. They must love their new home. That's on my list of pond additions. :razz:

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I still must have another at the other waterfall filter but have to wait until I get the other filter back up and running .A long hot day and tomorrow supposed to be 97 degrees .

Reaction score
Good lord, I would ask what fertilizer you're using, but that's got to be no less than selling your soul to the devil. Unbelievable.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
well got half my other waterfall together and then decided after a bat flew past me it was time to come in and to this LOL

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Can't wait to see that monster lotus bloom all those buds addy!

Sissy don't they say if you see bats during daylight they could be ill w/ rabies?

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sissy I'm glad you found the leaks in your pond. I guess that would be one of a ponders nightmares.
Addy your Lotus look huge. They must love their new home. That's on my list of pond additions. :razz:

same old home, just now have some fresh water from the big pond, circulation. This is their second summer, two did not come back

Good lord, I would ask what fertilizer you're using, but that's got to be no less than selling your soul to the devil. Unbelievable.

I just dumped in osmocote (before we added the small preforms and added pond circulation) Now I take the osmocote, stick it in toilet paper, make a little ball of it (tp dissolves well) shove the stuff under the kitty litter. Sometimes I add a lily tab or two Lotus love food.

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
It was around 9:30 at night so they were out doing there job at catching bugs
Can't wait to see that monster lotus bloom all those buds addy!

Sissy don't they say if you see bats during daylight they could be ill w/ rabies?
ok now we have another use for toilet paper LOL

addy1

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It was around 9:30 at night so they were out doing there job at catching bugs ok now we have another use for toilet paper LOL

It works! easy way to get those pellets down and under the clay

Ask a Question