Advertisements

addy1

water gardener / gold fish and shubunkins
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Here is what I used, it is just now starting to break a little, was going to replace it this summer but it is still doing a good job. So maybe next summer. And they black coated mine, I did need to use fishing line to make the net wide enough, so next net I am going to try and get one wide enough. I need over 20 feet in width.

addy1

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
and I also used poly rope woven around the edge of the net to keep its shape and hang it. The rope is also wearing out it has been out there for years, like 5 plus

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is the model I bought. https://www.westcoastnetting.com/k18t-5/ 5” mesh rope bound.
I have a fence around my pond that I redid leaving posts up about 8-9’ tall, hung Pulleys near tops of posts, ran black cord through pulleys under net and pulled the net tight, bringing the sides down tight to top of fence And tied of to eyes. Here are some close ups of it....

View attachment 128103
View attachment 128104
That looks like what I need.
Having my pergola built over the pond soon. My plan was to get 4 sections of net and just hang the net like a curtain on each side of the pergoal. Don't have to worry about the topside.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
@Tula The netting that JW got was a lot finer than mine. It did not last here, totally ripped apart. I got mine from the same company but a thicker thread. It would never have lasted over my big pond. I had it over the 1000 gallon stock tank.

Let me find the number for you, I do have it posted here somewhere.
Thank you, I appreciate it....I'd like it to hold up. I'm thinking of having it 6-7 feet over the pond and having it up from Spring till Fall. Once Fall hits, I'll use my fine mesh net to trap block small debris.....then I switch over to the hideous pool solar cover over the winter.

BTW, I'm going to take pics of bog plants sprouting and see if you can identify them for me. I bought some plastic plant markers I want to use until I'm familiar with them. Things are growing, but slowly, it's been a cool Spring. I added a Marsh Marigold to my Trickers order the other day and am looking forward to getting those plants mid May.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
It has worked for JW, the one she got, for me it rotted and ripped real easily.
I just wrote Floyd and asked him which net is stronger, for my climate / setting. He is so nice and very helpful. I will also look into West Coast Netting today.

mrsclem

mrsclem
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I will need to replace mine in the next year. It is starting to break down in spots but has been up 24/7-365 since I got it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
I will need to replace mine in the next year. It is starting to break down in spots but has been up 24/7-365 since I got it.
Good to know it's held up so well :) Will you purchase from West Coast Netting?

addy1

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Mine is never taken down, I pull it over if I am wading in the pond to work on the lilies. A lot of small spiders like to use the netting as homes. I don't care to have them falling on me.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Floyd is sending me samples of two types of netting, the only difference being their width. @addy1 your net and the other sample I'm getting, both only come in 3 inch now....not the 4 inch , anymore. They're also sending me their catalog so I can look at roping to weave through it to hang it up.

addy1

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
so I can look at roping to weave through it to hang it up.
Home depot lowes is where I got mine, way cheaper than what they were going to charge me for the rope.

addy1

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You can get the multi colored ones that blend in pretty well. Mine is slowly falling apart. It has been years.

Ad

Advertisements

sissy

sissy
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7A
Country
United States
I used window screening on my pond because of frogs and birds ,just want to keep them from getting stuck in netting and suffering

j.w

I Love my Goldies
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 8a
Country
United States
Never had a frog or a bird stuck in my netting but then it has very big net squares and I have it tight so regular sized birds and small ones can land on it fine and even go right through it. All it keeps out is bigger critters.

addy1

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I drowned one little bird when I had some deer fencing over the pond. I yanked it that day and ordered the wide weave net. Now nothing gets stuck. But the heron is stopped.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6 A
Country
United States
Ordered my netting today from Memphis Netting after the samples they sent arrived. They were so nice to deal with and they agreed to dip it in the latex black stuff.

Once it arrives we'll figure out how we want to hang it.

Ask a Question