Pond pictures

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
It is awfully pretty, isn't it... haha!

I'll update when things start to green up - right now it's nothing but white out there. Some one tell the weather man it's spring, will ya?

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
You've done a terrific job. Does it run back all the way to that block wall? (pic 1) or short of it?

MoonShadows

The Jam Man
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Couldn't tell, but I figured there must be a small space between the pond and wall. Once again, beautiful!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
. The bog is 4x6 and 4 feet deep - much deeper than most would recommend. The bottom 2 feet contains the manifold and vault and larger (softballs sized) rocks. Then there's a layer of gravel (I think it's called number 10 construction gravel) then there's about 18 inches or so of pea gravel. Works great for us.
Would you be able to discribed in more detail how you created the vault in the bottom of the bog. Is this a hollow chamber that you created to allow muck to settle in?. The reason I'm asking is the main negative criticism I have read with bogs is the build up of muck in the pea gravel creating channeling and an anerobic environment.. My thought is to create a hollow area under the pea gravel with a drain and valve to occasional back flush the muck from the bog.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a/b
Country
United States
It's a pond vault and centipede - like this:
I am interested in setting up something similiar in a bog. I was looking at the pond pics you posted . Am I correct that your waterfall feeds the pond and the pond flows into the bog. If So is the vaulte/ centipede housing your pump sending the water back to the waterfall completing the circuit?
I watched a video from aquascape and they showed you can backwash the sediment that accumulates in the centipede by placing a pump into the vault . Do you do this?
Hope you don't mind all these questions in your showcase. Maybe I'll start a new thread.
Your pond and plants looks amazing!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I am interested in setting up something similiar in a bog. I was looking at the pond pics you posted . Am I correct that your waterfall feeds the pond and the pond flows into the bog. If So is the vaulte/ centipede housing your pump sending the water back to the waterfall completing the circuit?
I watched a video from aquascape and they showed you can backwash the sediment that accumulates in the centipede by placing a pump into the vault . Do you do this?
Hope you don't mind all these questions in your showcase. Maybe I'll start a new thread.
Your pond and plants looks amazing!!

@Gordo33 - did I ever answer this? If not, here you go - the bog is at the top and feeds the waterfall, the pond flows into the underground rainwater storage where we have a second centipede and vault. The pump lives in that vault and pumps the water back up to the bog... where it flows back over the waterfall!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
I am in awe of the water lilies, my koi destroy ours.

Ours don't for some reason. They will uproot them when I first re-pot them if they get the chance, so I make sure they have a big chunk of rock on top to keep them in the pot long enough to get rooted. Once they are growing they have no interest in them.

Thanks for the kind comments! We love our pond!

Ask a Question